Subject: bug#16619: 24.3.50; REGRESSION: transparent *Completions* now

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2014 15:11:50 -0800 (PST)

This is with my setup, admittedly.  But it is a regression introduced
by vanilla Emacs: simply changing to this build from a build from a
week earlier (2014-01-23).

The effect: Now my *Completions* buffer is completely illegible
because it is transparent/weak/faded.  I even use a special-display
frame for *Completions*, for which I define the background as
"LavenderBlush2".  Nevertheless, the frame is transparent.
Everything about it is transparent: background, foreground, title bar,
everything.  This effect makes *Completions* completely useless and
unusable.

I tried to take a screenshot to show you what I see, but the
*Completions* frame does not even show up at all for the screenshot
software.  I.e., even though I can (barely) make out by eye that there
is a *Completions* frame there, when I create a screenshot covering
that area it does not show up at all in the screenshot.

I cannot use this build at all, unfortunately.

(I thought we were in a feature freeze.)

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2014-01-30 on ODIEONE
Bzr revision: 116210 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/c/Devel/emacs/binary --enable-checking=yes,glyphs
 'CFLAGS=-O0 -g3' LDFLAGS=-Lc:/Devel/emacs/lib
 CPPFLAGS=-Ic:/Devel/emacs/include'