Subject: bug#16619: 24.3.50; REGRESSION: transparent *Completions* now

From: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2014 00:46:50 +0100

On Sun, Feb 2, 2014 at 12:38 AM, Daniel Colascione <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I don't think anyone made this change deliberately. Can you try bisecting?

Drew doesn't build Emacs, and we cannot bisect without a precise
recipe for the bug.

Anyway, these are the relevant commits between his previous binary and
the newest one:

116210: Eli Zaretskii 2014-01-30 Revert last commit in mouse.el.
116209: Andreas Schwab 2014-01-30 Don't ignore SIGPROF in subprocesses
116208: martin rudalics 2014-01-30 In mouse-drag-line obey
window-resize-pixelwise (Bug#16594).
116207: Glenn Morris 2014-01-30 Auto-commit of loaddefs files.
116206: Glenn Morris 2014-01-29 * etc/NEWS: ElDoc related edit.
116205: Glenn Morris 2014-01-29 * lisp/simple.el (eval-expression): Doc fix.
116204: Glenn Morris 2014-01-29 Replace refs to obsolete alias
`turn-on-eldoc-mode' with `eldoc-mode'
116203: Stefan Monnier 2014-01-29 * eieio-opt.el (eieio-help-generic):
Fix last change.
116202: Stefan Monnier 2014-01-29 * lisp/emacs-lisp/eieio-opt.el
(eieio-help-generic): Don't assume `generic'
116201: Xue Fuqiao 2014-01-30 * doc/misc/sem-user.texi (Include
paths): Fix a Texinfo command.
116200: Glenn Morris 2014-01-29 * lisp/help.el
(help-for-help-internal): Add "P" to text.
116199: Paul Eggert 2014-01-29 * xmenu.c (create_and_show_popup_menu):
Port comment to C89.
116198: Eli Zaretskii 2014-01-29 Fix printing empty Lisp strings.
116197: Eli Zaretskii 2014-01-29 src/indent.c (current_column_1):
Correct commentary.
116196: Eli Zaretskii 2014-01-29 Fix bug #16576 with PRINTCHARFUN that
conses output a lot.
116195: K. Handa 2014-01-29 [merge] Fix bug#16286 by the different way
than revno:116158 to preserve the code detection behavior of 24.3.
116194: martin rudalics 2014-01-29 In x_set_tool_bar_lines of w32fns.c
don't clear area on frames that are not visible.
116193: Glenn Morris 2014-01-29 * etc/NEWS: Don't use a separate
section for single entries
116192: Glenn Morris 2014-01-29 * lisp/hippie-exp.el: Header comment changes.
116191: Glenn Morris 2014-01-29 Some doc for cycle-spacing
116190: Jan D. 2014-01-29 * xmenu.c (create_and_show_popup_menu):
Handle case when no key
116189: martin rudalics 2014-01-28 Fix Fwindow_text_pixel_size and
fit-frame-to-buffer.
116188: Dmitry Antipov 2014-01-28 * xfaces.c (free_frame_faces): Adjust comment.
116187: Luke Lee 2014-01-28 Aggregate hideif parser enhancements for a
complete supporting of C/C++
116186: Dmitry Antipov 2014-01-28 * terminal.c
(initial_free_frame_resources): New function.
116185: Glenn Morris 2014-01-27 Tweak previous
fill-single-char-nobreak-p doc change
116184: Glenn Morris 2014-01-27 Doc for fill-single-char-nobreak-p
116183: Glenn Morris 2014-01-27 * doc/emacs/indent.texi: Fix typo in previous
116182: Glenn Morris 2014-01-27 * doc/emacs/indent.texi (Tab Stops):
Updates for new tab-stop behavior.
116181: Glenn Morris 2014-01-27 Some doc related to tab-stops
116180: Glenn Morris 2014-01-27 * lisp/vc/pcvs.el
(cvs-append-to-ignore): Add compatibility alias.
116179: Glenn Morris 2014-01-27 * etc/NEWS: Small edits
116178: Paul Eggert 2014-01-27 Spelling fix.
116177: Glenn Morris 2014-01-27 * etc/NEWS: Tiny edits.
116176: Glenn Morris 2014-01-27 * lisp/dired.el
(dired-hide-details-mode): Don't autoload it,
116175: Glenn Morris 2014-01-27 Small doc updates for CUA and dired
116174: Glenn Morris 2014-01-27 * etc/NEWS: Small calc edits.
116173: Michael Albinus 2014-01-27 * automated/file-notify-tests.el
(file-notify--deftest-remote):
116172: Reuben Thomas 2014-01-27 * whitespace.el
(whitespace-enable-predicate): fix sense of comment.
116171: Paul Eggert 2014-01-26 * lread.c (oblookup): Fix comment to match code.
116170: Glenn Morris 2014-01-26 * doc/emacs/buffers.texi (List
Buffers): Tiny edit.
116169: Glenn Morris 2014-01-26 Doc, comment, etc updates for
increased use of locate-user-emacs-file
116168: Glenn Morris 2014-01-26 * etc/TODO: Addition.
116167: Paul Eggert 2014-01-26 * data.c (Fstring_to_number): Document
results if unparsable.
116166: Michael Albinus 2014-01-26 * file-notify-tests.el
(file-notify-test02-events): Let it fail in the
116165: Michael Albinus 2014-01-26 * automated/file-notify-tests.el
(file-notify-test02-events):
116164: Jan D. 2014-01-26 * xterm.c (x_focus_changed): Check for non-X
terminal-frame
116163: Glenn Morris 2014-01-25 Doc updates for opascal.el
116162: Paul Eggert 2014-01-25 When decoding, prefer ptrdiff_t to int
for buffer positions etc.
116161: Glenn Morris 2014-01-25 * doc/emacs/misc.texi (Sorting): Add
findex for reverse-region.
116160: Glenn Morris 2014-01-25 Some doc for delete-duplicate-lines
116159: Juanma Barranquero 2014-01-26 Fix ChangeLog typos.
116158: Paul Eggert 2014-01-25 Fix crash with insert-file-contents and
misdecoded text.
116157: Rüdiger Sonderfeld 2014-01-25 Link to info manual in `defgroup'.
116156: Leo Liu 2014-01-26 * progmodes/flymake.el
(flymake-make-overlay): No rear advance.
116155: martin rudalics 2014-01-25 Fix handling of face attributes in
Fx_create_frame (Bug#16529).
116154: Fabrice Popineau 2014-01-25 Fix bug #16517 with display change
on MS-Windows while in full-screen mode.
116153: Eli Zaretskii 2014-01-25 Fix bug #16479 with client
connections while TTY menu is open.
116152: Xue Fuqiao 2014-01-25 * doc/misc/cc-mode.texi (Minor Modes): Minor fix.
116151: Stefan Monnier 2014-01-24 * src/eval.c (Fsignal): Fix `debug'
handling to match 2013-10-03 change.
116150: Xue Fuqiao 2014-01-25 Typo fix.
116149: Adam Sjogren 2014-01-24 * net/shr.el (shr-tag-img): Prefer the
title over the alt text.
116148: David Engster 2014-01-24 Fix references in EIEIO documentation.
116147: Paul Eggert 2014-01-24 Fix bool-vector-count-population bug on MinGW64.
116146: Paul Eggert 2014-01-24 Remove stray ".".
116145: Paul Eggert 2014-01-24 Spelling fix.
116144: Bastien Guerry 2014-01-24 * editfns.c (Fconstrain_to_field):
Fix typo in docstring.
116143: Glenn Morris 2014-01-23 * etc/NEWS: Fix typos
116142: Glenn Morris 2014-01-23 * etc/NEWS.21: lesstif.org domain is
defunct, use sourceforge site.
116141: Glenn Morris 2014-01-23 * etc/NEWS: Small edits.
116140: Glenn Morris 2014-01-23 Misc small doc updates
116139: Glenn Morris 2014-01-23 Misc small doc updates
116138: Juanma Barranquero 2014-01-24 * net/eww.el
(eww-download-callback): Fix reference to eww-download-directory.
116137: Juanma Barranquero 2014-01-24 Silence byte-compiler warning.
116136: Glenn Morris 2014-01-23 Doc updates for with-demoted-errors
116135: Glenn Morris 2014-01-23 * doc/misc/emacs-mime.texi
(time-date): Use float-time.
116134: Dmitry Antipov 2014-01-24 * xdisp.c (reseat_1,
Fcurrent_bidi_paragraph_direction): Avoid
116133: Glenn Morris 2014-01-23 * doc/lispref/files.texi (File Locks):
Every platform supports locking now.
116132: Glenn Morris 2014-01-23 * doc/emacs/files.texi (Interlocking): Copyedit.
116131: Paul Eggert 2014-01-23 Document trunk bzr 116113 better.
116130: Paul Eggert 2014-01-23 Minor cleanup of previous change.