Subject: bug#16616: 24.3.50; emacs_backtrace.txt

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 Feb 2014 20:31:47 +0200

> Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2014 10:01:41 -0800 (PST)
> From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
> 
> Exception 0xc0000005 at this address:
> 011f34f2

This is here:

#ifdef GLYPH_DEBUG
      /* Check that reference counts are indeed correct.  */
      eassert (dpyinfo->reference_count == dpyinfo_refcount);
      eassert ((dpyinfo->terminal->image_cache == NULL  <<<<<<<<<<<<
		&& image_cache_refcount == 0)
	       || dpyinfo->terminal->image_cache->refcount == image_cache_refcount);
#endif

Unless someone catches this with a debugger and shows what variable
has a wrong value here, I don't see how we can make any progress here.

> Backtrace:
> 011fb67f
> 011fb6f0
> 010efee3
> 01161e45

  w32_backtrace at c:\Devel\emacs\repo\binary\src/w32fns.c:8385
  emacs_abort at c:\Devel\emacs\repo\binary\src/w32fns.c:8417
  terminate_due_to_signal at c:\Devel\emacs\repo\binary\src/emacs.c:378
  die at c:\Devel\emacs\repo\binary\src/alloc.c:6761
  rotate_left at c:\Devel\emacs\repo\binary\src/intervals.c:410
  balance_an_interval at c:\Devel\emacs\repo\binary\src/intervals.c:447
  balance_possible_root_interval at c:\Devel\emacs\repo\binary\src/intervals.c:473
  adjust_intervals_for_insertion at c:\Devel\emacs\repo\binary\src/intervals.c:1010
  offset_intervals at c:\Devel\emacs\repo\binary\src/intervals.c:1396
  insert_1_both at c:\Devel\emacs\repo\binary\src/insdel.c:839
  insert_and_inherit at c:\Devel\emacs\repo\binary\src/insdel.c:593
  Finsert_char at c:\Devel\emacs\repo\binary\src/editfns.c:2419
  Findent_to at c:\Devel\emacs\repo\binary\src/indent.c:836
  Ffuncall at c:\Devel\emacs\repo\binary\src/eval.c:2809

This is a duplicate of several bugs reported lately that have
something to do with intervals.c.  Something is wrong there, but I
don't know what.