Subject: bug#16615: 24.3.50; Fatal error visiting a directory (same as #16132?)

From: Richard Copley <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2014 20:43:54 +0000

On 1 February 2014 20:12, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2014 19:34:00 +0000
> > From: Richard Copley <[email-masked]>
> > Cc: [email-masked]
> >
> > Perhaps some problem with type-punning LARGE_INTEGER/ULARGE_INTEGER under
> > -fstrict-aliasing.
>
> I doubt that (but where would -fstrict-aliasing come from?).
>

Yes, I doubted it too. "-fstrict-aliasing" is enabled at -O2 (
http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-4.7.3/gcc/Optimize-Options.html#index-O2-706
).

Please try the latest trunk and see if its solves the problem.

Tried r116235 with

  '/c/emacs/trunk/configure' --prefix c:/emacs/emacs-116235 --without-png
--without-jpeg --without-xpm --without-gif --without-tiff --without-gnutls
--without-xml2 --enable-locallisppath=%emacs_dir%/../site-lisp

Seems fixed, many thanks. I should rebuild with the libraries enabled to be
sure. I will let you know the result.