Subject: Re: bug#16604: 24.3.50; False negatives in lisp-completion-at-point

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2014 08:53:15 -0500

> `completion-metadata' requires both input string and a predicate (I guess,
> for maximum flexibility of functional completion tables).  Pass it an empty
> string and a nil?

Right.

> And completion boundaries requires suffix as an input.

The suffix is not a problem.  But the prefix is, because with an empty
string, the boundary will always be zero.  And we can't disallow tables
that return an explicit 0 boundary.

>> or not at all.
> Sounds good to me.

Yup, sounds pretty good.

>> Sounds like a bug in lisp-completion-at-point.
> See http://debbugs.gnu.org/16646.

Thanks.

> Sure, thanks for catching this.

Please install, thank you,

        Stefan