Subject: bug#16603: 24.3.50; Segfault when viewing a backtrace

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2014 19:50:11 -0800

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> This has been fixed now.

Oops.  No, it hasn't.  Or... uhm...  I got a backtrace once (so that's
fine), but then Emacs segfaulted.

So it's changed, but the problem is still there.

#0  mem_insert (start=start@entry=0x2089000, end=end@entry=0x20893e0, 
    type=type@entry=MEM_TYPE_CONS) at alloc.c:3850
#1  0x000000000052f5fe in lisp_align_malloc (nbytes=nbytes@entry=992, 
    type=type@entry=MEM_TYPE_CONS) at alloc.c:1134
#2  0x000000000052f80f in Fcons (car=car@entry=12217682, cdr=33946566)
    at alloc.c:2461
#3  0x000000000059497c in add_properties (plist=plist@entry=33946518, 
    i=i@entry=0x1056618, object=object@entry=34019941, set_type=set_type@entry=
    TEXT_PROPERTY_REPLACE) at textprop.c:471
#4  0x0000000000596501 in add_text_properties_1 (start=6432, end=6476, 
    properties=33946518, object=34019941, set_type=TEXT_PROPERTY_REPLACE)
    at textprop.c:1276
#5  0x0000000000548e14 in Ffuncall (nargs=<optimized out>, 
    args=<optimized out>) at eval.c:2824
#6  0x000000000057c81d in exec_byte_code (bytestr=-6847441758440128512, 
    vector=34116576, maxdepth=2, args_template=61, nargs=140737488257904, 
    args=0x5) at bytecode.c:919
#7  0x000000000054890f in funcall_lambda (fun=9116093, nargs=nargs@entry=6, 
    arg_vector=arg_vector@entry=0x7ffffffe8550) at eval.c:3047
#8  0x0000000000548c6b in Ffuncall (nargs=7, args=0x7ffffffe8548)
    at eval.c:2874
#9  0x000000000057c81d in exec_byte_code (bytestr=-6847441758440128512, 
    vector=34116576, maxdepth=2, args_template=61, nargs=19, args=0x7)
    at bytecode.c:919
#10 0x000000000054890f in funcall_lambda (fun=34271429, nargs=nargs@entry=4, 
    arg_vector=arg_vector@entry=0x7ffffffe8780) at eval.c:3047
#11 0x0000000000548c6b in Ffuncall (nargs=5, args=0x7ffffffe8778)
    at eval.c:2874
#12 0x000000000057c81d in exec_byte_code (bytestr=-6847441758440128512, 
    vector=34116576, maxdepth=2, args_template=61, nargs=140737488258928, 
    args=0x5) at bytecode.c:919
#13 0x00000000005489a7 in funcall_lambda (fun=31437373, nargs=nargs@entry=0, 
    arg_vector=0x7ffffffe89a0, arg_vector@entry=0x7ffffffe8918) at eval.c:2981
#14 0x0000000000548c6b in Ffuncall (nargs=1, args=0x7ffffffe8910)
    at eval.c:2874
#15 0x000000000057c81d in exec_byte_code (bytestr=-6847441758440128512, 
    vector=34116576, maxdepth=2, args_template=61, nargs=140737488259344, 
    args=0x1) at bytecode.c:919
#16 0x00000000005489a7 in funcall_lambda (fun=31437037, nargs=nargs@entry=1, 
    arg_vector=0x7ffffffe8c40, arg_vector@entry=0x7ffffffe8b88) at eval.c:2981
#17 0x0000000000548c6b in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=0x7ffffffe8b80)
    at eval.c:2874
#18 0x000000000057c81d in exec_byte_code (bytestr=-6847441758440128512, 
    vector=34116576, maxdepth=2, args_template=61, nargs=140737488259960, 
    args=0x2) at bytecode.c:919
#19 0x00000000005489a7 in funcall_lambda (fun=31436661, nargs=nargs@entry=2, 
    arg_vector=0x7ffffffe8fb0, arg_vector@entry=0x7ffffffe8d28) at eval.c:2981
#20 0x0000000000548c6b in Ffuncall (nargs=nargs@entry=3, 
    args=args@entry=0x7ffffffe8d20) at eval.c:2874
#21 0x000000000054a05c in Fapply (nargs=nargs@entry=2, 
    args=args@entry=0x7ffffffe8dc0) at eval.c:2352
#22 0x000000000054a290 in apply1 (fn=12153762, arg=arg@entry=34361910)
    at eval.c:2586
#23 0x000000000054a436 in call_debugger (arg=34361910) at eval.c:330
#24 0x00000000005493ad in maybe_call_debugger (data=34361958, sig=12081778, 
    conditions=8584158) at eval.c:1731
#25 Fsignal (error_symbol=12081778, data=34361958) at eval.c:1549
#26 0x0000000000549579 in xsignal (error_symbol=<optimized out>, 
    data=<optimized out>) at eval.c:1586
#27 0x0000000000549c44 in signal_error (
    s=0x5de958 "Variable binding depth exceeds max-specpdl-size", arg=12030258)
    at eval.c:1641
#28 0x0000000000549cd2 in grow_specpdl () at eval.c:2030
#29 0x0000000000549dc6 in specbind (symbol=16201218, value=12030258)
    at eval.c:3145
#30 0x000000000057c7e3 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=-6847441758440128512, 
    vector=34116576, maxdepth=2, args_template=61, nargs=140737488260888, 
    args=0x5) at bytecode.c:881
#31 0x000000000054890f in funcall_lambda (fun=31472749, nargs=nargs@entry=1, 

etc

It's a very very deep backtrace.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
  bloggy blog http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/