Subject: Re: bug#16587: 24.3.50; max-specpdl-size exceeded + crash with gnus (shr).

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 13:21:30 -0800

Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> writes:

>> and try to get `a' to print in the scratch buffer.
>
> ELISP> (let ((print-circle t)) (format "%S" sm-a))
>
> Gave me the string below.

Aha, I just tried evaling

(let ((print-circle t)) a)

which didn't work...

> I used `format' to avoid pretty-printing and a let binding to make sure
> no other let-binding can interfere.

Thanks.  But it does show that the structure isn't actually circular.
It's kinda deeply nested, but doesn't seem to be more than...  uhm...
Grepping a bit seems to indicate that it's not actually nested deeper
than ... 200-300?  That's not very deep.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
  bloggy blog http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/