Subject: Re: bug#16587: 24.3.50; max-specpdl-size exceeded + crash with gnus (shr).

From: Andy Moreton <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 15:00:35 +0000

On Fri 31 Jan 2014, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:

> I think there are numerous Emacs variables here, in addition to some
> crashiness, that makes it very difficult to inspect what's actually
> going on here.
>
> I don't really believe that the HTML parser is returning a circular
> structure, but I just can't get Emacs to print it out, even after
> twiddling `print-circle' and `max-lisp-eval-depth'.  Help, somebody?
>
> Included is the offending "HTML".   Put it in a buffer and say
>
> (setq a (libxml-parse-html-region (point-min) (point-max)))
>
> and try to get `a' to print in the scratch buffer.

I tried this in the *scratch* buffer with:

(setq print-circle t)
(insert (format "\n%S\n" a))

This did print successfully. The not-quite-html after "Recent input:"
results in a deeply nested set of tags, which may trigger a depth check
for apparent circularity.

    AndyM