Subject: bug#16573: 24.3; Auctex (11.87.2) in Elpa issues hundreds of warnings on compile

From: Achim Gratz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 18:27:22 +0100

Tassilo Horn writes:
> Any good idea to fix those?  I could add requires, but that would
> possibly slow down the compilation and is not neccessary as explained
> above.  I could add defvars (but no declare-functions cause that's not
> available on older emacsen/xemacs) for the free variables, but again
> that's not really neccessary.  I could change AUCTeX' build process so
> that free-vars and unresolved warnings are ignored for the style files,
> but that won't affect the ELPA builds...

In Org we use compatibility macros, mostly using the org namespace, but
in a few cases simply addign a missing definition.  More specifically
for declare-function:

(eval-and-compile
  (unless (fboundp 'declare-function)
    (defmacro declare-function (fn file &optional arglist fileonly)
      `(autoload ',fn ,file))))

Regards,
Achim.
-- 
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+

SD adaptation for Waldorf rackAttack V1.04R1:
http://Synth.Stromeko.net/Downloads.html#WaldorfSDada