Subject: bug#16573: 24.3; Auctex (11.87.2) in Elpa issues hundreds of warnings on compile

From: Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 19:09:34 +0100

Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> writes:

>> That's ok.  But if the style files were compiled, adding the requires
>> into the style files would make the compilation take minutes, because
>> each style file compilation would need to load the core files first.
>
> Yup.  I personally don't see much need to add the `require's in those
> style files.  Then again, I'm not too bothered by lingering warnings.

The problem is that the mass of warnings makes it hard to spot warnings
that are really defects.

However, now I've seen that adding requires to the style files doesnt't
help in the case where one style files uses vars/funs from another style
file (e.g., there's pstricks.el and several other sub-styles that use
funs/vars from the former, because they can assume that it's loaded
beforehand).  But style files can't be required cause they don't provide
a feature...

Bye,
Tassilo