Subject: Re: bug#16558: 24.3.50; w32-shell-execute does not open url behind proxy

From: "Stefan-W. Hahn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 18:31:04 +0100

Mail von Eli Zaretskii, Mon, 27 Jan 2014 at 19:11:28 +0200:

Hello,

> I meant to disable file handlers inside w32-shell-execute, on the C
> level, so that the call to Ffile_exists_p fails for URLs.  Would that

Oh, but this is your domain.

> make your use case work again?

I think so, because you added the call to Ffile_exists_p in your change
(commit 0c082e14). The call to Fexpand_file_name is no problem, it was
already there before your change.

Another use case where a call to Ffile_exists_p does not make any sense is
when calling i.e. outlook with a message id (the url looks like:
   Outlook:00000000EFABE93C5C7E4947B0D4C936C001637FE4782400
) what I do from within org-mode.

Kind regards,
Stefan

-- 
Stefan-W. Hahn                          It is easy to make things.
                                        It is hard to make things simple.