Subject: Re: bug#16539: More details on df command output for you

From: Bernhard Voelker <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 02:23:12 +0200

On 06/18/2014 07:21 PM, Pádraig Brady wrote:
> The attached 2 patches on top of current master,
> should address your suggested tweaks and above ordering issue.

Thanks. Both patches look good.

The whole story is already rather long, so I almost don't dare
to come up with it ... but there is one last issue left with
eclipsed file systems:

  $ mount /dev/sda5 /mnt

  $ src/df /mnt
  Filesystem     1K-blocks   Used Available Use% Mounted on
  /dev/sda5      206424760 440500 195482116   1% /mnt

  $ mount -o loop tmp.img /mnt

  $ src/df /mnt        # correct: search by mount point
  Filesystem     1K-blocks  Used Available Use% Mounted on
  /dev/loop0         59365  1308     53471   3% /mnt

  $ src/df /dev/sda5   # wrong: search by device
  Filesystem     1K-blocks  Used Available Use% Mounted on
  /dev/sda5          59365  1308     53471   3% /mnt

Have a nice day,
Berny