Subject: bug#16536: 24.3.50; RET or clicking on button in *Packages* list does nothing now

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 08:45:09 -0800 (PST)

I would be glad to learn that I am doing something wrong and there is no
bug here.  So far, I haven't figured it out.

In Emacs 24.3, after I do `M-x list-packages' and click a package name
(that is listed as "available"), buffer *Help* pops up, with an
`Install' button.  I click that button and click a confirmation button
`Yes', and the package gets installed.

In the current dev snapshot, when I click the button or hit RET on it,
nothing happens.  I suppose I could go looking for what is going on,
by trying to use the debugger on `push-button', but...

What am I missing?  Is there a bug here, or do I need to do something
different?  Thx.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2014-01-17 on ODIEONE
Bzr revision: 116059 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/c/Devel/emacs/binary --enable-checking=yes,glyphs
 'CFLAGS=-O0 -g3' LDFLAGS=-Lc:/Devel/emacs/lib
 CPPFLAGS=-Ic:/Devel/emacs/include'