Subject: Re: bug#16526: 24.3.50; scroll-conservatively & c-mode regression

From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2014 19:32:58 +0000

Hi, Eli.

On Sun, Jun 22, 2014 at 07:49:29PM +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2014 08:01:32 +0200
> > From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
> > Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]

> > > Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2014 23:00:01 +0000
> > > Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> > > From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>

> > > > Do you need help in identifying what takes 11 sec in the unoptimized
> > > > build to traverse a few lines?

> > > Thanks for the offer.  I really need to get down and spend a few hours
> > > investigating.  I've elp'd CC Mode, and tried M-> (2 seconds) followed
> > > by <PgUp> (13 seconds), and it looks like
> > > c-append-lower-brace-pair-to-state-cache is taking up the time.  It
> > > seems it is being called too often.  Maybe.

> > > Maybe I'll pin it down at the weekend.

> > Thanks.

> I hope Alan did something with this issue, or will in some near
> future.

I'm afraid I got bogged down, back in February.  I've still got all my
notes and attempted changes, so I'll see if I can't get something fixed
for this.

> But either way, the original bug was fixed, so I'm closing this.

Thanks.

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).