Subject: bug#16526: 24.3.50; scroll-conservatively & c-mode regression

From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2014 23:00:01 +0000

Hello, Eli.

On Sun, Feb 02, 2014 at 10:53:18PM +0200, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2014 19:20:07 +0000
> > Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> > From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>

> > Even on xdisp.c, over 30,000 and almost 1Mb, the scan doesn't take that
> > long - a little over a second on my 4 yo machine.

> Do you need help in identifying what takes 11 sec in the unoptimized
> build to traverse a few lines?

Thanks for the offer.  I really need to get down and spend a few hours
investigating.  I've elp'd CC Mode, and tried M-> (2 seconds) followed
by <PgUp> (13 seconds), and it looks like
c-append-lower-brace-pair-to-state-cache is taking up the time.  It
seems it is being called too often.  Maybe.

Maybe I'll pin it down at the weekend.

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).