Subject: Re: bug#16526: 24.3.50; scroll-conservatively & c-mode regression

From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 20:48:19 +0000 (UTC)

Hello, Martin.

martin rudalics <[email-masked]> wrote:
> With current trunk and emacs -Q evaluating the following form takes more
> than two minutes here with builds on Windows and GNU/Linux:

> (progn
>   (setq scroll-conservatively 101)
>   (find-file (concat source-directory "src/xdisp.c"))
>   (end-of-buffer)
>   (sit-for 3)
>   (beginning-of-buffer))

> It used to take about 10 seconds before revision 116070.

It's taking me about 7 seconds, on an Emacs version whose latest applied
revision is 116070.

Quick update to current (latest revision 116146), and rebuild .......

It's still taking me about 7 seconds.  As far as I can see, you haven't
installed your temporary patch to syntax.c.  So, I haven't been able to
reproduce the problem yet.

Is there something more subtle I'm missing?

[P.S. isn't it good that we can use revision numbers to identify
approximate ages of repository states. ;-]

> martin

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).