Subject: 24.3.50; Regression: GLib-GObject warnings on stderr

From: Barry OReilly <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 10:50:46 -0500

When I start emacs, I get errors like:

(emacs:13939): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: IA__g_object_notify: object class
`GtkMenuItem' has no property named `label'

They appear periodically as I do various things in Emacs. The first
one appears before doing anything at all. I do not witness these
warnings using Emacs 24.3.

This is with recent trunk revision a693e5b566a7a88fecbb95b1f64426c9f52b3198.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.10.4)
 of 2014-01-21 on redacted
Repository revision:
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.70101000
System Description:    Red Hat Enterprise Linux Client release 5.4 (Tikanga)

Configured using:
 `configure --prefix
 /redacted/user/boreilly/sw/emacs-install-redacted
 --with-gif=no'

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=none
  locale-coding-system: iso-latin-1-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
M-x r e p o r t - <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
easymenu mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date tooltip electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)