Subject: bug#16515: 24.3; Images do not automatically revert on file modification when auto-revert mode enabled for image-mode.

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2019 16:02:41 +0200

Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]> writes:

> I opened an image with emacs -Q, turned on auto-revert-mode, edited the
> image externally with an image editor, saved there to the original file,
> and then emacs asked "[image file name] changed on disk, really edit the
> buffer?  ".

I'm unable to reproduce this on the trunk.  I copied a .jpg file to
/tmp, started emacs -Q, `v' in the dired buffer, `M-x auto-revert-mode',
and then I edited the file in gimp.

Emacs said "Revering buffer 'foo.jpg'." and the new version of the image
was displayed.

> Here is an image of the backtrace (an image because I used
> SIGUSR2 to get a backtrace, and after that, Emacs is gaga - is
> there a better way to get a backtrace for a y-or-n prompt)?

(setq debug-on-quit t) usually works unless whatever is calling y-or-n-p
has disabled that.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no