Subject: Re: bug#16515: 24.3; Images do not automatically revert on file modification when auto-revert mode enabled for image-mode.

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2019 10:39:37 +0200

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> I tried opening an image, touching it, and I then got
>
> Reverting buffer ‘emacs.png’.
>
> in the echo area, and I don't get the image displayed as text.  So this
> seems to work for me in Emacs 27 -- are you still able to reproduce this
> bug?

I see something new, which is probably also not good.

I opened an image with emacs -Q, turned on auto-revert-mode, edited the
image externally with an image editor, saved there to the original file,
and then emacs asked "[image file name] changed on disk, really edit the
buffer?  ".  Here is an image of the backtrace (an image because I used
SIGUSR2 to get a backtrace, and after that, Emacs is gaga - is
there a better way to get a backtrace for a y-or-n prompt)?

I used v from dired to open the image file if it matters.

Regards,

Michael.