Subject: Assertion failure when using non-existent font

From: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2014 19:04:45 +0100

Package: emacs
Version: 24.3.50

There's an assertion failure when trying to signal the error that the
default font selected for the frame does not exist, it seems.

(gdb) run -Q -fn "NoExiste-10"
Starting program: C:\Devel\emacs\repo\trunk\src\emacs.exe -Q -fn "NoExiste-10"
[New Thread 11388.0x29c8]
[New Thread 11388.0x680]
[New Thread 11388.0x1620]
[New Thread 11388.0x295c]

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x011f3564 in unwind_create_frame (frame=61646221) at w32fns.c:4253
4253          eassert (dpyinfo->terminal->image_cache->refcount ==
image_cache_refcount);
(gdb) bt
#0  0x011f3564 in unwind_create_frame (frame=61646221) at w32fns.c:4253
#1  0x011f35ab in do_unwind_create_frame (frame=61646221) at w32fns.c:4264
#2  0x011813dc in unbind_to (count=2, value=58333218) at eval.c:3297
#3  0x0117c597 in unwind_to_catch (catch=0x37a4b00
<__register_frame_info+58346240>, value=60325982) at eval.c:1158
#4  0x0117d5f7 in Fsignal (error_symbol=58384674, data=60326142) at eval.c:1555
#5  0x0117d680 in xsignal (error_symbol=58384674, data=60326142) at eval.c:1579
#6  0x0117d6bf in xsignal1 (error_symbol=58384674, arg=58897457) at eval.c:1594
#7  0x0117de27 in verror (m=0x147ead9 "Font `%s' is not defined",
    ap=0x88e534
"0=\261\003\"\030z\003J\217\030\001\376\331y\003\002\214|\003\377\377\377\377\"\030z\003\215\245\254\003\200\345\210")
at eval.c:1772
#8  0x0117de45 in error (m=0x147ead9 "Font `%s' is not defined") at eval.c:1784
#9  0x0101924a in x_set_font (f=0x3aca588
<__register_frame_info+61646216>, arg=61995057, oldval=58333218) at
frame.c:3259
#10 0x010179a4 in x_set_frame_parameters (f=0x3aca588
<__register_frame_info+61646216>, alist=58333218) at frame.c:2886
#11 0x0101ad2a in x_default_parameter (f=0x3aca588
<__register_frame_info+61646216>, alist=60333694, prop=58494306,
deflt=61995057, xprop=0x14afb06 "font",
    xclass=0x14afb01 "Font", type=RES_TYPE_STRING) at frame.c:4019
#12 0x011f3741 in x_default_font_parameter (f=0x3aca588
<__register_frame_info+61646216>, parms=60333694) at w32fns.c:4310
#13 0x011f3e3f in Fx_create_frame (parameters=60333694) at w32fns.c:4467
#14 0x01180053 in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=0x88e814) at eval.c:2806
#15 0x011c0b18 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=19615185, vector=19615205,
maxdepth=16, args_template=58333218, nargs=0, args=0x0) at
bytecode.c:919
#16 0x01180bf9 in funcall_lambda (fun=19615157, nargs=1,
arg_vector=0x12b4de5) at eval.c:3040
#17 0x0118028f in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=0x88eb44) at eval.c:2855
#18 0x011c0b18 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=19945049, vector=19945069,
maxdepth=20, args_template=58333218, nargs=0, args=0x0) at
bytecode.c:919
#19 0x01180bf9 in funcall_lambda (fun=19945021, nargs=1,
arg_vector=0x130566d) at eval.c:3040
#20 0x0118028f in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=0x88ee74) at eval.c:2855
#21 0x011c0b18 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=19942545, vector=19942565,
maxdepth=24, args_template=58333218, nargs=0, args=0x0) at
bytecode.c:919
#22 0x01180bf9 in funcall_lambda (fun=19942525, nargs=0,
arg_vector=0x1304ca5) at eval.c:3040
#23 0x0118028f in Ffuncall (nargs=1, args=0x88f1a4) at eval.c:2855
#24 0x011c0b18 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=19634833, vector=19634853,
maxdepth=68, args_template=0, nargs=0, args=0x88f50c) at
bytecode.c:919
#25 0x01180835 in funcall_lambda (fun=19634813, nargs=0,
arg_vector=0x88f50c) at eval.c:2974
#26 0x0118028f in Ffuncall (nargs=1, args=0x88f508) at eval.c:2855
#27 0x011c0b18 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=19633041, vector=19633061,
maxdepth=48, args_template=0, nargs=0, args=0x88f7c0) at
bytecode.c:919
#28 0x01180835 in funcall_lambda (fun=19633021, nargs=0,
arg_vector=0x88f7c0) at eval.c:2974
#29 0x01180554 in apply_lambda (fun=19633021, args=58333218) at eval.c:2915
#30 0x0117ef32 in eval_sub (form=60060942) at eval.c:2221
#31 0x0117e552 in Feval (form=60060942, lexical=58333218) at eval.c:1994
#32 0x010f38d5 in top_level_2 () at keyboard.c:1179
#33 0x0117cf39 in internal_condition_case (bfun=0x10f38b8
<top_level_2>, handlers=58384674, hfun=0x10f3453 <cmd_error>) at
eval.c:1345
#34 0x010f3909 in top_level_1 (ignore=58333218) at keyboard.c:1187
#35 0x0117c4e6 in internal_catch (tag=58380034, func=0x10f38d7
<top_level_1>, arg=58333218) at eval.c:1109
#36 0x010f383b in command_loop () at keyboard.c:1148
#37 0x010f2ff0 in recursive_edit_1 () at keyboard.c:777
#38 0x010f31ac in Frecursive_edit () at keyboard.c:841
#39 0x010f13a5 in main (argc=4, argv=0xd32fe8) at emacs.c:1643

Lisp Backtrace:
"x-create-frame" (0x88e818)
"x-create-frame-with-faces" (0x88eb48)
"make-frame" (0x88ee78)
"frame-initialize" (0x88f1a8)
"command-line" (0x88f50c)
"normal-top-level" (0x88f7c0)
(gdb)