Subject: bug#16506: 24.3; Raw Org hyperlink markup exported to DocBook footnotes

From: Am Turnip <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2014 07:42:05 -0800 (PST)

24.3; Raw Org hyperlink markup exported to DocBook footnotes

1. I started with the following small Org-mode document.  (In case email corrupted the line breaks, please make sure a word-wrap line break does not interrupt any Org footnote or hyperlink markup, since what Org's DocBook emitter does with that is not the subject of this communication.)

2. M-x org-export-as-docbook

3. Hyperlinks in footnotes come out as raw Org markup, with square brackets, as in [[url][url]]. 

Additional note: M-x org-export-as-latex dressed all the
hyperlinks ok, so the problem may be with composing DocBook notation
specifically.

#+TITLE: Footnotes
#+AUTHOR: Curious About Emacs
#+DATE: 2014-01-20

* Bankruptcy in progress

Given a choice between LaTeX and DocBook output from Org mode[fn:8], 
a lot of guys would choose the
latter because it's easier to post-process with computer programs that
are not TeX[fn:: link to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pi].

After =M-x= =org-export-as-docbook=, the DocBook footnotes include
Org's square-bracket hyperlink markup instead of hyperlinks such as
http://www.gnu.org.
 
[fn:8] Block footnote containing a link to http://orgmode.org/ 

If Emacs crashed, and you have the Emacs process in the gdb debugger,
please include the output from the following gdb commands:
    `bt full' and `xbacktrace'.
For information about debugging Emacs, please read the file
/usr/share/emacs/24.3/etc/DEBUG.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.9.10)
 of 2013-08-14 on buildvm-17.phx2.fedoraproject.org
Windowing system distributor `Fedora Project', version 11.0.11404000
System Description:    Fedora release 20 (Heisenbug)

Configured using:
 `configure '--build=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu'
 '--host=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu' '--program-prefix='
 '--disable-dependency-tracking' '--prefix=/usr' '--exec-prefix=/usr'
 '--bindir=/usr/bin' '--sbindir=/usr/sbin' '--sysconfdir=/etc'
 '--datadir=/usr/share' '--includedir=/usr/include'
 '--libdir=/usr/lib64' '--libexecdir=/usr/libexec'
 '--localstatedir=/var' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib'
 '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--infodir=/usr/share/info' '--with-dbus'
 '--with-gif' '--with-jpeg' '--with-png' '--with-rsvg' '--with-tiff'
 '--with-xft' '--with-xpm' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk3' '--with-gpm=no'
 'build_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu'
 'host_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu' 'CFLAGS=-DMAIL_USE_LOCKF -O2 -g
 -pipe -Wall -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions
 -fstack-protector-strong --param=ssp-buffer-size=4
 -grecord-gcc-switches -m64 -mtune=generic' 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro ''

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Org

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Using schema /usr/share/emacs/24.3/etc/schema/docbook.rnc
Saving file /home/igloo/vc/orgmode/beamer/footnotes.xml...
Wrote /home/igloo/vc/orgmode/beamer/footnotes.xml
DocBook export done, pushed to kill ring and clipboard
Processing DocBook XML file...
Note: namesp. cut : stripped namespace before processing           Footnotes
Note: namesp. cut : processing stripped document                   Footnotes
Making portrait pages on USletter paper (8.5inx11in)
Processing DocBook file...done
Exporting to PDF...done

Load-path shadows:
/home/igloo/.emacs.d/elpa/highlight-parentheses-20130523.852/.dir-locals hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/gnus/.dir-locals

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils help-mode org-element
browse-url tex-mode latexenc org-latex org-export-latex org-beamer
misearch multi-isearch org-table lisp-mnt subword network-stream
starttls tls tabify nxml-uchnm rng-xsd xsd-regexp rng-cmpct rng-nxml
rng-valid rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse nxml-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util
rng-pttrn nxml-ns nxml-mode nxml-outln nxml-rap nxml-util nxml-glyph
nxml-enc xmltok vc-dispatcher vc-svn org-wl org-w3m org-vm org-rmail
org-mhe org-mew org-irc org-jsinfo org-infojs org-info org-gnus
org-docview org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb ob-clojure org-docbook org-html
org-exp ob-exp org-exp-blocks org-agenda footnote ob-dot org warnings
ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table org-footnote org-src ob-comint ob-keys
org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline
org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob org-compat org-macs ob-eval org-loaddefs
cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs highlight-parentheses cider cider-mode
cider-repl cider-eldoc eldoc cider-interaction compile arc-mode
archive-mode cider-version pkg-info find-func epl cider-client
nrepl-client cider-util ewoc etags thingatpt dash clojure-mode rx
derived easymenu imenu inf-lisp tramp tramp-compat auth-source eieio
byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv gnus-util mm-util mail-prsvr
password-cache tramp-loaddefs cl-macs gv shell pcomplete comint
ansi-color ring format-spec advice help-fns advice-preload cl cl-lib
paredit edmacro kmacro easy-mmode cider-autoloads clojure-mode-autoloads
highlight-parentheses-autoloads paredit-autoloads pkg-info-autoloads
epl-autoloads finder-inf dash-autoloads package time-date tooltip
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode
register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk
x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)