Subject: bug#16502: segmentation fault with org-capture

From: Nathan Froyd <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2014 10:29:32 -0500

On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 4:30 AM, Dmitry Antipov <[email-masked]> wrote:
> On 01/20/2014 12:20 PM, Dmitry Antipov wrote:
>
>> Could you please run undumped (temacs) under valgrind?
>
>
> ...and please try this patch (for trunk), if possible.

The patch does not seem to make it much better; I can now do a couple
more cycles of <F2> m C-c C-k, but I can still segfault:

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
interval_has_some_properties_list (list=<optimized out>, i=0x0) at
/opt/src/repos/emacs.git/src/textprop.c:313
313          for (tail2 = i->plist; CONSP (tail2); tail2 = XCDR (XCDR (tail2)))
(gdb) where
#0  interval_has_some_properties_list (list=<optimized out>, i=0x0) at
/opt/src/repos/emacs.git/src/textprop.c:313
#1  0x00000000005860c6 in Fremove_list_of_text_properties (start=8,
end=88, list_of_properties=35158966, object=35587205) at
/opt/src/repos/emacs.git/src/textprop.c:1675
#2  0x000000000058c332 in update_compositions (from=2, to=<optimized
out>, check_mask=<optimized out>) at
/opt/src/repos/emacs.git/src/composite.c:590
#3  0x00000000004fb84e in insert_from_string (string=<optimized out>,
pos=<optimized out>, pos_byte=<optimized out>, length=<optimized out>,
length_byte=<optimized out>, inherit=<optimized out>) at
/opt/src/repos/emacs.git/src/insdel.c:871
#4  0x00000000005354d3 in general_insert_function
(insert_func=0x4fba10 <insert>, insert_from_string_func=0x4fb7eb
<insert_from_string>, inherit=false, nargs=1, args=0x7fffffffd168) at
/opt/src/repos/emacs.git/src/editfns.c:2248
#5  0x00000000005355b1 in Finsert (nargs=<optimized out>,
args=<optimized out>) at /opt/src/repos/emacs.git/src/editfns.c:2289
#6  0x000000000056fa17 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=<optimized out>,
vector=20010141, maxdepth=<optimized out>, args_template=<optimized
out>, nargs=<optimized out>, args=<optimized out>) at
/opt/src/repos/emacs.git/src/bytecode.c:1559
#7  0x000000000053da0a in funcall_lambda (fun=20014517, nargs=0,
arg_vector=0x7fffffffd350) at /opt/src/repos/emacs.git/src/eval.c:3040
#8  0x000000000053dde4 in Ffuncall (nargs=1, args=0x7fffffffd348) at
/opt/src/repos/emacs.git/src/eval.c:2855
#9  0x000000000056dc35 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=<optimized out>,
vector=20009533, maxdepth=<optimized out>, args_template=<optimized
out>, nargs=<optimized out>, args=<optimized out>) at
/opt/src/repos/emacs.git/src/bytecode.c:919
#10 0x000000000053da0a in funcall_lambda (fun=20001933, nargs=1,
arg_vector=0x7fffffffd530) at /opt/src/repos/emacs.git/src/eval.c:3040
#11 0x000000000053dde4 in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=0x7fffffffd528) at
/opt/src/repos/emacs.git/src/eval.c:2855
#12 0x000000000056dc35 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=<optimized out>,
vector=19985765, maxdepth=<optimized out>, args_template=<optimized
out>, nargs=<optimized out>, args=<optimized out>) at
/opt/src/repos/emacs.git/src/bytecode.c:919
#13 0x0000000000570c7b in Fbyte_code (bytestr=<optimized out>,
vector=<optimized out>, maxdepth=<optimized out>) at
/opt/src/repos/emacs.git/src/bytecode.c:482
#14 0x000000000053d323 in eval_sub (form=<optimized out>) at
/opt/src/repos/emacs.git/src/eval.c:2182
#15 0x000000000053ff74 in internal_lisp_condition_case (var=11931170,
bodyform=33506902, handlers=<optimized out>) at
/opt/src/repos/emacs.git/src/eval.c:1314
#16 0x000000000056ea5b in exec_byte_code (bytestr=<optimized out>,
vector=19993277, maxdepth=<optimized out>, args_template=<optimized
out>, nargs=<optimized out>, args=<optimized out>) at
/opt/src/repos/emacs.git/src/bytecode.c:1169
#17 0x000000000053da0a in funcall_lambda (fun=19993861, nargs=1,
arg_vector=0x7fffffffda08) at /opt/src/repos/emacs.git/src/eval.c:3040
#18 0x000000000053dde4 in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=0x7fffffffda00) at
/opt/src/repos/emacs.git/src/eval.c:2855
#19 0x000000000053b345 in Fcall_interactively (function=16681218,
record_flag=11879666, keys=11914685) at
/opt/src/repos/emacs.git/src/callint.c:836
#20 0x000000000053dcd0 in Ffuncall (nargs=4, args=0x7fffffffdbc8) at
/opt/src/repos/emacs.git/src/eval.c:2813
#21 0x000000000056dc35 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=<optimized out>,
vector=9353333, maxdepth=<optimized out>, args_template=<optimized
out>, nargs=<optimized out>, args=<optimized out>) at
/opt/src/repos/emacs.git/src/bytecode.c:919
#22 0x000000000053d810 in funcall_lambda (fun=9353253, nargs=1,
arg_vector=0x7fffffffddb8) at /opt/src/repos/emacs.git/src/eval.c:2974
#23 0x000000000053dde4 in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=0x7fffffffddb0) at
/opt/src/repos/emacs.git/src/eval.c:2855
#24 0x000000000053e031 in call1 (fn=<optimized out>, arg1=<optimized
out>) at /opt/src/repos/emacs.git/src/eval.c:2605
#25 0x00000000004e2c17 in command_loop_1 () at
/opt/src/repos/emacs.git/src/keyboard.c:1552
#26 0x000000000053c4a6 in internal_condition_case (bfun=0x4e26ee
<command_loop_1>, handlers=11931170, hfun=0x4d9ac9 <cmd_error>) at
/opt/src/repos/emacs.git/src/eval.c:1345
#27 0x00000000004d91a1 in command_loop_2 (ignore=<optimized out>) at
/opt/src/repos/emacs.git/src/keyboard.c:1170
#28 0x000000000053c38d in internal_catch (tag=11927106, func=0x4d9187
<command_loop_2>, arg=11879666) at
/opt/src/repos/emacs.git/src/eval.c:1109
#29 0x00000000004d96f2 in command_loop () at
/opt/src/repos/emacs.git/src/keyboard.c:1149
#30 recursive_edit_1 () at /opt/src/repos/emacs.git/src/keyboard.c:777
#31 0x00000000004d99f7 in Frecursive_edit () at
/opt/src/repos/emacs.git/src/keyboard.c:841
#32 0x00000000004d5b4f in main (argc=<optimized out>,
argv=0x7fffffffe158) at /opt/src/repos/emacs.git/src/emacs.c:1643
(gdb)

Still can run away allocating memory too.  What I see in valgrind
during a runaway alloc is this:

==17543== Invalid read of size 8
==17543==    at 0x5829EC: find_interval (lisp.h:2377)
==17543==    by 0x5840EE: set_point_both (intervals.c:1921)
==17543==    by 0x58469F: set_point (intervals.c:1816)
==17543==    by 0x5363D9: Fgoto_char (editfns.c:239)
==17543==    by 0x56F9D6: exec_byte_code (bytecode.c:1553)
==17543==    by 0x53DA09: funcall_lambda (eval.c:3040)
==17543==    by 0x53DDE3: Ffuncall (eval.c:2855)
==17543==    by 0x56DC34: exec_byte_code (bytecode.c:919)
==17543==    by 0x53DA09: funcall_lambda (eval.c:3040)
==17543==    by 0x53DDE3: Ffuncall (eval.c:2855)
==17543==    by 0x56DC34: exec_byte_code (bytecode.c:919)
==17543==    by 0x570C7A: Fbyte_code (bytecode.c:482)
==17543==  Address 0xff04f90 is 0 bytes inside a block of size 960 free'd
==17543==    at 0x4C2A82E: free (in
/usr/lib/valgrind/vgpreload_memcheck-amd64-linux.so)
==17543==    by 0x52417C: lisp_free (alloc.c:931)
==17543==    by 0x528990: Fgarbage_collect (alloc.c:6637)
==17543==    by 0x53DB1E: Ffuncall (lisp.h:4518)
==17543==    by 0x53C7E5: internal_condition_case_n (eval.c:1427)
==17543==    by 0x42FA86: safe_call (xdisp.c:2563)
==17543==    by 0x42FAC9: safe_call1 (xdisp.c:2579)
==17543==    by 0x42FD41: safe_eval (xdisp.c:2587)
==17543==    by 0x43A3E4: display_mode_element (xdisp.c:21636)
==17543==    by 0x43A592: display_mode_element (xdisp.c:21717)
==17543==    by 0x43EB91: display_mode_line (xdisp.c:21234)
==17543==    by 0x43EDFD: display_mode_lines (xdisp.c:21177)
==17543==
==17543== Invalid read of size 8
==17543==    at 0x581DA1: balance_possible_root_interval (lisp.h:2377)
==17543==    by 0x582A0F: find_interval (intervals.c:675)
==17543==    by 0x5840EE: set_point_both (intervals.c:1921)
==17543==    by 0x58469F: set_point (intervals.c:1816)
==17543==    by 0x5363D9: Fgoto_char (editfns.c:239)
==17543==    by 0x56F9D6: exec_byte_code (bytecode.c:1553)
==17543==    by 0x53DA09: funcall_lambda (eval.c:3040)
==17543==    by 0x53DDE3: Ffuncall (eval.c:2855)
==17543==    by 0x56DC34: exec_byte_code (bytecode.c:919)
==17543==    by 0x53DA09: funcall_lambda (eval.c:3040)
==17543==    by 0x53DDE3: Ffuncall (eval.c:2855)
==17543==    by 0x56DC34: exec_byte_code (bytecode.c:919)
==17543==  Address 0xff04f90 is 0 bytes inside a block of size 960 free'd
==17543==    at 0x4C2A82E: free (in
/usr/lib/valgrind/vgpreload_memcheck-amd64-linux.so)
==17543==    by 0x52417C: lisp_free (alloc.c:931)
==17543==    by 0x528990: Fgarbage_collect (alloc.c:6637)
==17543==    by 0x53DB1E: Ffuncall (lisp.h:4518)
==17543==    by 0x53C7E5: internal_condition_case_n (eval.c:1427)
==17543==    by 0x42FA86: safe_call (xdisp.c:2563)
==17543==    by 0x42FAC9: safe_call1 (xdisp.c:2579)
==17543==    by 0x42FD41: safe_eval (xdisp.c:2587)
==17543==    by 0x43A3E4: display_mode_element (xdisp.c:21636)
==17543==    by 0x43A592: display_mode_element (xdisp.c:21717)
==17543==    by 0x43EB91: display_mode_line (xdisp.c:21234)
==17543==    by 0x43EDFD: display_mode_lines (xdisp.c:21177)
==17543==
==17543== Invalid read of size 8
==17543==    at 0x581DB4: balance_possible_root_interval (buffer.h:1160)
==17543==    by 0x582A0F: find_interval (intervals.c:675)
==17543==    by 0x5840EE: set_point_both (intervals.c:1921)
==17543==    by 0x58469F: set_point (intervals.c:1816)
==17543==    by 0x5363D9: Fgoto_char (editfns.c:239)
==17543==    by 0x56F9D6: exec_byte_code (bytecode.c:1553)
==17543==    by 0x53DA09: funcall_lambda (eval.c:3040)
==17543==    by 0x53DDE3: Ffuncall (eval.c:2855)
==17543==    by 0x56DC34: exec_byte_code (bytecode.c:919)
==17543==    by 0x53DA09: funcall_lambda (eval.c:3040)
==17543==    by 0x53DDE3: Ffuncall (eval.c:2855)
==17543==    by 0x56DC34: exec_byte_code (bytecode.c:919)
==17543==  Address 0xff05250 is 704 bytes inside a block of size 960 free'd
==17543==    at 0x4C2A82E: free (in
/usr/lib/valgrind/vgpreload_memcheck-amd64-linux.so)
==17543==    by 0x52417C: lisp_free (alloc.c:931)
==17543==    by 0x528990: Fgarbage_collect (alloc.c:6637)
==17543==    by 0x53DB1E: Ffuncall (lisp.h:4518)
==17543==    by 0x53C7E5: internal_condition_case_n (eval.c:1427)
==17543==    by 0x42FA86: safe_call (xdisp.c:2563)
==17543==    by 0x42FAC9: safe_call1 (xdisp.c:2579)
==17543==    by 0x42FD41: safe_eval (xdisp.c:2587)
==17543==    by 0x43A3E4: display_mode_element (xdisp.c:21636)
==17543==    by 0x43A592: display_mode_element (xdisp.c:21717)
==17543==    by 0x43EB91: display_mode_line (xdisp.c:21234)
==17543==    by 0x43EDFD: display_mode_lines (xdisp.c:21177)
==17543==
==17543== Invalid read of size 8
==17543==    at 0x5829EC: find_interval (lisp.h:2377)
==17543==    by 0x584151: set_point_both (intervals.c:1935)
==17543==    by 0x58469F: set_point (intervals.c:1816)
==17543==    by 0x5363D9: Fgoto_char (editfns.c:239)
==17543==    by 0x56F9D6: exec_byte_code (bytecode.c:1553)
==17543==    by 0x53DA09: funcall_lambda (eval.c:3040)
==17543==    by 0x53DDE3: Ffuncall (eval.c:2855)
==17543==    by 0x56DC34: exec_byte_code (bytecode.c:919)
==17543==    by 0x53DA09: funcall_lambda (eval.c:3040)
==17543==    by 0x53DDE3: Ffuncall (eval.c:2855)
==17543==    by 0x56DC34: exec_byte_code (bytecode.c:919)
==17543==    by 0x570C7A: Fbyte_code (bytecode.c:482)
==17543==  Address 0xff04f90 is 0 bytes inside a block of size 960 free'd
==17543==    at 0x4C2A82E: free (in
/usr/lib/valgrind/vgpreload_memcheck-amd64-linux.so)
==17543==    by 0x52417C: lisp_free (alloc.c:931)
==17543==    by 0x528990: Fgarbage_collect (alloc.c:6637)
==17543==    by 0x53DB1E: Ffuncall (lisp.h:4518)
==17543==    by 0x53C7E5: internal_condition_case_n (eval.c:1427)
==17543==    by 0x42FA86: safe_call (xdisp.c:2563)
==17543==    by 0x42FAC9: safe_call1 (xdisp.c:2579)
==17543==    by 0x42FD41: safe_eval (xdisp.c:2587)
==17543==    by 0x43A3E4: display_mode_element (xdisp.c:21636)
==17543==    by 0x43A592: display_mode_element (xdisp.c:21717)
==17543==    by 0x43EB91: display_mode_line (xdisp.c:21234)
==17543==    by 0x43EDFD: display_mode_lines (xdisp.c:21177)
==17543==
==17543== Invalid read of size 8
==17543==    at 0x5829EC: find_interval (lisp.h:2377)
==17543==    by 0x585DA7: validate_interval_range (textprop.c:212)
==17543==    by 0x587705: Ftext_properties_at (textprop.c:601)
==17543==    by 0x587771: Fget_text_property (textprop.c:621)
==17543==    by 0x587B90: get_char_property_and_overlay (textprop.c:688)
==17543==    by 0x587C02: Fget_char_property (textprop.c:702)
==17543==    by 0x535FF3: Fconstrain_to_field (editfns.c:682)
==17543==    by 0x536369: Fline_beginning_position (editfns.c:780)
==17543==    by 0x50B4E7: Fbeginning_of_line (cmds.c:172)
==17543==    by 0x53DC9B: Ffuncall (eval.c:2806)
==17543==    by 0x56DC34: exec_byte_code (bytecode.c:919)
==17543==    by 0x53DA09: funcall_lambda (eval.c:3040)
==17543==  Address 0xff04f90 is 0 bytes inside a block of size 960 free'd
==17543==    at 0x4C2A82E: free (in
/usr/lib/valgrind/vgpreload_memcheck-amd64-linux.so)
==17543==    by 0x52417C: lisp_free (alloc.c:931)
==17543==    by 0x528990: Fgarbage_collect (alloc.c:6637)
==17543==    by 0x53DB1E: Ffuncall (lisp.h:4518)
==17543==    by 0x53C7E5: internal_condition_case_n (eval.c:1427)
==17543==    by 0x42FA86: safe_call (xdisp.c:2563)
==17543==    by 0x42FAC9: safe_call1 (xdisp.c:2579)
==17543==    by 0x42FD41: safe_eval (xdisp.c:2587)
==17543==    by 0x43A3E4: display_mode_element (xdisp.c:21636)
==17543==    by 0x43A592: display_mode_element (xdisp.c:21717)
==17543==    by 0x43EB91: display_mode_line (xdisp.c:21234)
==17543==    by 0x43EDFD: display_mode_lines (xdisp.c:21177)
==17543==
==17543== Invalid read of size 8
==17543==    at 0x5829EC: find_interval (lisp.h:2377)
==17543==    by 0x58908E: verify_interval_modification (textprop.c:2280)
==17543==    by 0x4F9AEB: prepare_to_modify_buffer_1 (insdel.c:1817)
==17543==    by 0x4F9FFB: prepare_to_modify_buffer (insdel.c:1872)
==17543==    by 0x4FAE3A: del_range_1 (insdel.c:1584)
==17543==    by 0x4FAEE5: del_range (insdel.c:1559)
==17543==    by 0x533617: Fdelete_region (editfns.c:3232)
==17543==    by 0x570188: exec_byte_code (bytecode.c:1728)
==17543==    by 0x53DA09: funcall_lambda (eval.c:3040)
==17543==    by 0x53DDE3: Ffuncall (eval.c:2855)
==17543==    by 0x56DC34: exec_byte_code (bytecode.c:919)
==17543==    by 0x53DA09: funcall_lambda (eval.c:3040)
==17543==  Address 0xff04f90 is 0 bytes inside a block of size 960 free'd
==17543==    at 0x4C2A82E: free (in
/usr/lib/valgrind/vgpreload_memcheck-amd64-linux.so)
==17543==    by 0x52417C: lisp_free (alloc.c:931)
==17543==    by 0x528990: Fgarbage_collect (alloc.c:6637)
==17543==    by 0x53DB1E: Ffuncall (lisp.h:4518)
==17543==    by 0x53C7E5: internal_condition_case_n (eval.c:1427)
==17543==    by 0x42FA86: safe_call (xdisp.c:2563)
==17543==    by 0x42FAC9: safe_call1 (xdisp.c:2579)
==17543==    by 0x42FD41: safe_eval (xdisp.c:2587)
==17543==    by 0x43A3E4: display_mode_element (xdisp.c:21636)
==17543==    by 0x43A592: display_mode_element (xdisp.c:21717)
==17543==    by 0x43EB91: display_mode_line (xdisp.c:21234)
==17543==    by 0x43EDFD: display_mode_lines (xdisp.c:21177)
==17543==
==17543== Invalid read of size 8
==17543==    at 0x5829EC: find_interval (lisp.h:2377)
==17543==    by 0x584CC6: copy_intervals (intervals.c:2265)
==17543==    by 0x584E5E: copy_intervals_to_string (intervals.c:2300)
==17543==    by 0x5394D5: make_buffer_string_both (editfns.c:2511)
==17543==    by 0x4F98E7: del_range_2 (insdel.c:1715)
==17543==    by 0x4FAE91: del_range_1 (insdel.c:1591)
==17543==    by 0x4FAEE5: del_range (insdel.c:1559)
==17543==    by 0x533617: Fdelete_region (editfns.c:3232)
==17543==    by 0x570188: exec_byte_code (bytecode.c:1728)
==17543==    by 0x53DA09: funcall_lambda (eval.c:3040)
==17543==    by 0x53DDE3: Ffuncall (eval.c:2855)
==17543==    by 0x56DC34: exec_byte_code (bytecode.c:919)
==17543==  Address 0xff04f90 is 0 bytes inside a block of size 960 free'd
==17543==    at 0x4C2A82E: free (in
/usr/lib/valgrind/vgpreload_memcheck-amd64-linux.so)
==17543==    by 0x52417C: lisp_free (alloc.c:931)
==17543==    by 0x528990: Fgarbage_collect (alloc.c:6637)
==17543==    by 0x53DB1E: Ffuncall (lisp.h:4518)
==17543==    by 0x53C7E5: internal_condition_case_n (eval.c:1427)
==17543==    by 0x42FA86: safe_call (xdisp.c:2563)
==17543==    by 0x42FAC9: safe_call1 (xdisp.c:2579)
==17543==    by 0x42FD41: safe_eval (xdisp.c:2587)
==17543==    by 0x43A3E4: display_mode_element (xdisp.c:21636)
==17543==    by 0x43A592: display_mode_element (xdisp.c:21717)
==17543==    by 0x43EB91: display_mode_line (xdisp.c:21234)
==17543==    by 0x43EDFD: display_mode_lines (xdisp.c:21177)
==17543==
==17543== Invalid read of size 8
==17543==    at 0x583F27: offset_intervals (lisp.h:2377)
==17543==    by 0x4F9973: del_range_2 (insdel.c:1734)
==17543==    by 0x4FAE91: del_range_1 (insdel.c:1591)
==17543==    by 0x4FAEE5: del_range (insdel.c:1559)
==17543==    by 0x533617: Fdelete_region (editfns.c:3232)
==17543==    by 0x570188: exec_byte_code (bytecode.c:1728)
==17543==    by 0x53DA09: funcall_lambda (eval.c:3040)
==17543==    by 0x53DDE3: Ffuncall (eval.c:2855)
==17543==    by 0x56DC34: exec_byte_code (bytecode.c:919)
==17543==    by 0x53DA09: funcall_lambda (eval.c:3040)
==17543==    by 0x53DDE3: Ffuncall (eval.c:2855)
==17543==    by 0x56DC34: exec_byte_code (bytecode.c:919)
==17543==  Address 0xff04f90 is 0 bytes inside a block of size 960 free'd
==17543==    at 0x4C2A82E: free (in
/usr/lib/valgrind/vgpreload_memcheck-amd64-linux.so)
==17543==    by 0x52417C: lisp_free (alloc.c:931)
==17543==    by 0x528990: Fgarbage_collect (alloc.c:6637)
==17543==    by 0x53DB1E: Ffuncall (lisp.h:4518)
==17543==    by 0x53C7E5: internal_condition_case_n (eval.c:1427)
==17543==    by 0x42FA86: safe_call (xdisp.c:2563)
==17543==    by 0x42FAC9: safe_call1 (xdisp.c:2579)
==17543==    by 0x42FD41: safe_eval (xdisp.c:2587)
==17543==    by 0x43A3E4: display_mode_element (xdisp.c:21636)
==17543==    by 0x43A592: display_mode_element (xdisp.c:21717)
==17543==    by 0x43EB91: display_mode_line (xdisp.c:21234)
==17543==    by 0x43EDFD: display_mode_lines (xdisp.c:21177)
==17543==
==17543== Invalid read of size 8
==17543==    at 0x581ECE: delete_interval (lisp.h:2377)
==17543==    by 0x582226: interval_deletion_adjustment (intervals.c:1334)
==17543==    by 0x583F99: offset_intervals (intervals.c:1382)
==17543==    by 0x4F9973: del_range_2 (insdel.c:1734)
==17543==    by 0x4FAE91: del_range_1 (insdel.c:1591)
==17543==    by 0x4FAEE5: del_range (insdel.c:1559)
==17543==    by 0x533617: Fdelete_region (editfns.c:3232)
==17543==    by 0x570188: exec_byte_code (bytecode.c:1728)
==17543==    by 0x53DA09: funcall_lambda (eval.c:3040)
==17543==    by 0x53DDE3: Ffuncall (eval.c:2855)
==17543==    by 0x56DC34: exec_byte_code (bytecode.c:919)
==17543==    by 0x53DA09: funcall_lambda (eval.c:3040)
==17543==  Address 0xff04f90 is 0 bytes inside a block of size 960 free'd
==17543==    at 0x4C2A82E: free (in
/usr/lib/valgrind/vgpreload_memcheck-amd64-linux.so)
==17543==    by 0x52417C: lisp_free (alloc.c:931)
==17543==    by 0x528990: Fgarbage_collect (alloc.c:6637)
==17543==    by 0x53DB1E: Ffuncall (lisp.h:4518)
==17543==    by 0x53C7E5: internal_condition_case_n (eval.c:1427)
==17543==    by 0x42FA86: safe_call (xdisp.c:2563)
==17543==    by 0x42FAC9: safe_call1 (xdisp.c:2579)
==17543==    by 0x42FD41: safe_eval (xdisp.c:2587)
==17543==    by 0x43A3E4: display_mode_element (xdisp.c:21636)
==17543==    by 0x43A592: display_mode_element (xdisp.c:21717)
==17543==    by 0x43EB91: display_mode_line (xdisp.c:21234)
==17543==    by 0x43EDFD: display_mode_lines (xdisp.c:21177)
==17543==
==17543== Invalid read of size 8
==17543==    at 0x581EE1: delete_interval (buffer.h:1160)
==17543==    by 0x582226: interval_deletion_adjustment (intervals.c:1334)
==17543==    by 0x583F99: offset_intervals (intervals.c:1382)
==17543==    by 0x4F9973: del_range_2 (insdel.c:1734)
==17543==    by 0x4FAE91: del_range_1 (insdel.c:1591)
==17543==    by 0x4FAEE5: del_range (insdel.c:1559)
==17543==    by 0x533617: Fdelete_region (editfns.c:3232)
==17543==    by 0x570188: exec_byte_code (bytecode.c:1728)
==17543==    by 0x53DA09: funcall_lambda (eval.c:3040)
==17543==    by 0x53DDE3: Ffuncall (eval.c:2855)
==17543==    by 0x56DC34: exec_byte_code (bytecode.c:919)
==17543==    by 0x53DA09: funcall_lambda (eval.c:3040)
==17543==  Address 0xff05250 is 704 bytes inside a block of size 960 free'd
==17543==    at 0x4C2A82E: free (in
/usr/lib/valgrind/vgpreload_memcheck-amd64-linux.so)
==17543==    by 0x52417C: lisp_free (alloc.c:931)
==17543==    by 0x528990: Fgarbage_collect (alloc.c:6637)
==17543==    by 0x53DB1E: Ffuncall (lisp.h:4518)
==17543==    by 0x53C7E5: internal_condition_case_n (eval.c:1427)
==17543==    by 0x42FA86: safe_call (xdisp.c:2563)
==17543==    by 0x42FAC9: safe_call1 (xdisp.c:2579)
==17543==    by 0x42FD41: safe_eval (xdisp.c:2587)
==17543==    by 0x43A3E4: display_mode_element (xdisp.c:21636)
==17543==    by 0x43A592: display_mode_element (xdisp.c:21717)
==17543==    by 0x43EB91: display_mode_line (xdisp.c:21234)
==17543==    by 0x43EDFD: display_mode_lines (xdisp.c:21177)
==17543==
==17543== Invalid read of size 8
==17543==    at 0x5829EC: find_interval (lisp.h:2377)
==17543==    by 0x5848A1: get_property_and_range (intervals.c:2174)
==17543==    by 0x58B462: find_composition (composite.c:431)
==17543==    by 0x58BD5E: update_compositions (composite.c:520)
==17543==    by 0x4FAEBB: del_range_1 (insdel.c:1594)
==17543==    by 0x4FAEE5: del_range (insdel.c:1559)
==17543==    by 0x533617: Fdelete_region (editfns.c:3232)
==17543==    by 0x570188: exec_byte_code (bytecode.c:1728)
==17543==    by 0x53DA09: funcall_lambda (eval.c:3040)
==17543==    by 0x53DDE3: Ffuncall (eval.c:2855)
==17543==    by 0x56DC34: exec_byte_code (bytecode.c:919)
==17543==    by 0x53DA09: funcall_lambda (eval.c:3040)
==17543==  Address 0xff04f90 is 0 bytes inside a block of size 960 free'd
==17543==    at 0x4C2A82E: free (in
/usr/lib/valgrind/vgpreload_memcheck-amd64-linux.so)
==17543==    by 0x52417C: lisp_free (alloc.c:931)
==17543==    by 0x528990: Fgarbage_collect (alloc.c:6637)
==17543==    by 0x53DB1E: Ffuncall (lisp.h:4518)
==17543==    by 0x53C7E5: internal_condition_case_n (eval.c:1427)
==17543==    by 0x42FA86: safe_call (xdisp.c:2563)
==17543==    by 0x42FAC9: safe_call1 (xdisp.c:2579)
==17543==    by 0x42FD41: safe_eval (xdisp.c:2587)
==17543==    by 0x43A3E4: display_mode_element (xdisp.c:21636)
==17543==    by 0x43A592: display_mode_element (xdisp.c:21717)
==17543==    by 0x43EB91: display_mode_line (xdisp.c:21234)
==17543==    by 0x43EDFD: display_mode_lines (xdisp.c:21177)
==17543==
==17543== Invalid read of size 8
==17543==    at 0x5829EC: find_interval (lisp.h:2377)
==17543==    by 0x588C74: verify_interval_modification (textprop.c:2179)
==17543==    by 0x4F9B0C: prepare_to_modify_buffer_1 (insdel.c:1823)
==17543==    by 0x4F9FFB: prepare_to_modify_buffer (insdel.c:1872)
==17543==    by 0x4FA168: insert_from_string_1 (insdel.c:919)
==17543==    by 0x4FB814: insert_from_string (insdel.c:868)
==17543==    by 0x5354D2: general_insert_function (editfns.c:2248)
==17543==    by 0x5355B0: Finsert (editfns.c:2289)
==17543==    by 0x56FA16: exec_byte_code (bytecode.c:1559)
==17543==    by 0x53DA09: funcall_lambda (eval.c:3040)
==17543==    by 0x53DDE3: Ffuncall (eval.c:2855)
==17543==    by 0x56DC34: exec_byte_code (bytecode.c:919)
==17543==  Address 0xff04f90 is 0 bytes inside a block of size 960 free'd
==17543==    at 0x4C2A82E: free (in
/usr/lib/valgrind/vgpreload_memcheck-amd64-linux.so)
==17543==    by 0x52417C: lisp_free (alloc.c:931)
==17543==    by 0x528990: Fgarbage_collect (alloc.c:6637)
==17543==    by 0x53DB1E: Ffuncall (lisp.h:4518)
==17543==    by 0x53C7E5: internal_condition_case_n (eval.c:1427)
==17543==    by 0x42FA86: safe_call (xdisp.c:2563)
==17543==    by 0x42FAC9: safe_call1 (xdisp.c:2579)
==17543==    by 0x42FD41: safe_eval (xdisp.c:2587)
==17543==    by 0x43A3E4: display_mode_element (xdisp.c:21636)
==17543==    by 0x43A592: display_mode_element (xdisp.c:21717)
==17543==    by 0x43EB91: display_mode_line (xdisp.c:21234)
==17543==    by 0x43EDFD: display_mode_lines (xdisp.c:21177)
==17543==
==17543== Invalid read of size 8
==17543==    at 0x583414: offset_intervals (lisp.h:2377)
==17543==    by 0x4FA304: insert_from_string_1 (insdel.c:968)
==17543==    by 0x4FB814: insert_from_string (insdel.c:868)
==17543==    by 0x5354D2: general_insert_function (editfns.c:2248)
==17543==    by 0x5355B0: Finsert (editfns.c:2289)
==17543==    by 0x56FA16: exec_byte_code (bytecode.c:1559)
==17543==    by 0x53DA09: funcall_lambda (eval.c:3040)
==17543==    by 0x53DDE3: Ffuncall (eval.c:2855)
==17543==    by 0x56DC34: exec_byte_code (bytecode.c:919)
==17543==    by 0x53DA09: funcall_lambda (eval.c:3040)
==17543==    by 0x53DDE3: Ffuncall (eval.c:2855)
==17543==    by 0x56DC34: exec_byte_code (bytecode.c:919)
==17543==  Address 0xff04f90 is 0 bytes inside a block of size 960 free'd
==17543==    at 0x4C2A82E: free (in
/usr/lib/valgrind/vgpreload_memcheck-amd64-linux.so)
==17543==    by 0x52417C: lisp_free (alloc.c:931)
==17543==    by 0x528990: Fgarbage_collect (alloc.c:6637)
==17543==    by 0x53DB1E: Ffuncall (lisp.h:4518)
==17543==    by 0x53C7E5: internal_condition_case_n (eval.c:1427)
==17543==    by 0x42FA86: safe_call (xdisp.c:2563)
==17543==    by 0x42FAC9: safe_call1 (xdisp.c:2579)
==17543==    by 0x42FD41: safe_eval (xdisp.c:2587)
==17543==    by 0x43A3E4: display_mode_element (xdisp.c:21636)
==17543==    by 0x43A592: display_mode_element (xdisp.c:21717)
==17543==    by 0x43EB91: display_mode_line (xdisp.c:21234)
==17543==    by 0x43EDFD: display_mode_lines (xdisp.c:21177)
==17543==
==17543== Invalid read of size 8
==17543==    at 0x5829EC: find_interval (lisp.h:2377)
==17543==    by 0x58344D: offset_intervals (intervals.c:864)
==17543==    by 0x4FA304: insert_from_string_1 (insdel.c:968)
==17543==    by 0x4FB814: insert_from_string (insdel.c:868)
==17543==    by 0x5354D2: general_insert_function (editfns.c:2248)
==17543==    by 0x5355B0: Finsert (editfns.c:2289)
==17543==    by 0x56FA16: exec_byte_code (bytecode.c:1559)
==17543==    by 0x53DA09: funcall_lambda (eval.c:3040)
==17543==    by 0x53DDE3: Ffuncall (eval.c:2855)
==17543==    by 0x56DC34: exec_byte_code (bytecode.c:919)
==17543==    by 0x53DA09: funcall_lambda (eval.c:3040)
==17543==    by 0x53DDE3: Ffuncall (eval.c:2855)
==17543==  Address 0xff04f90 is 0 bytes inside a block of size 960 free'd
==17543==    at 0x4C2A82E: free (in
/usr/lib/valgrind/vgpreload_memcheck-amd64-linux.so)
==17543==    by 0x52417C: lisp_free (alloc.c:931)
==17543==    by 0x528990: Fgarbage_collect (alloc.c:6637)
==17543==    by 0x53DB1E: Ffuncall (lisp.h:4518)
==17543==    by 0x53C7E5: internal_condition_case_n (eval.c:1427)
==17543==    by 0x42FA86: safe_call (xdisp.c:2563)
==17543==    by 0x42FAC9: safe_call1 (xdisp.c:2579)
==17543==    by 0x42FD41: safe_eval (xdisp.c:2587)
==17543==    by 0x43A3E4: display_mode_element (xdisp.c:21636)
==17543==    by 0x43A592: display_mode_element (xdisp.c:21717)
==17543==    by 0x43EB91: display_mode_line (xdisp.c:21234)
==17543==    by 0x43EDFD: display_mode_lines (xdisp.c:21177)
==17543== Invalid read of size 8
==17543==    at 0x581DA1: balance_possible_root_interval (lisp.h:2377)
==17543==    by 0x58362C: offset_intervals (intervals.c:963)
==17543==    by 0x4FA304: insert_from_string_1 (insdel.c:968)
==17543==    by 0x4FB814: insert_from_string (insdel.c:868)
==17543==    by 0x5354D2: general_insert_function (editfns.c:2248)
==17543==    by 0x5355B0: Finsert (editfns.c:2289)
==17543==    by 0x56FA16: exec_byte_code (bytecode.c:1559)
==17543==    by 0x53DA09: funcall_lambda (eval.c:3040)
==17543==    by 0x53DDE3: Ffuncall (eval.c:2855)
==17543==    by 0x56DC34: exec_byte_code (bytecode.c:919)
==17543==    by 0x53DA09: funcall_lambda (eval.c:3040)
==17543==    by 0x53DDE3: Ffuncall (eval.c:2855)
==17543==  Address 0xff04f90 is 0 bytes inside a block of size 960 free'd
==17543==    at 0x4C2A82E: free (in
/usr/lib/valgrind/vgpreload_memcheck-amd64-linux.so)
==17543==    by 0x52417C: lisp_free (alloc.c:931)
==17543==    by 0x528990: Fgarbage_collect (alloc.c:6637)
==17543==    by 0x53DB1E: Ffuncall (lisp.h:4518)
==17543==    by 0x53C7E5: internal_condition_case_n (eval.c:1427)
==17543==    by 0x42FA86: safe_call (xdisp.c:2563)
==17543==    by 0x42FAC9: safe_call1 (xdisp.c:2579)
==17543==    by 0x42FD41: safe_eval (xdisp.c:2587)
==17543==    by 0x43A3E4: display_mode_element (xdisp.c:21636)
==17543==    by 0x43A592: display_mode_element (xdisp.c:21717)
==17543==    by 0x43EB91: display_mode_line (xdisp.c:21234)
==17543==    by 0x43EDFD: display_mode_lines (xdisp.c:21177)
==17543==
==17543== Invalid read of size 8
==17543==    at 0x581DB4: balance_possible_root_interval (buffer.h:1160)
==17543==    by 0x58362C: offset_intervals (intervals.c:963)
==17543==    by 0x4FA304: insert_from_string_1 (insdel.c:968)
==17543==    by 0x4FB814: insert_from_string (insdel.c:868)
==17543==    by 0x5354D2: general_insert_function (editfns.c:2248)
==17543==    by 0x5355B0: Finsert (editfns.c:2289)
==17543==    by 0x56FA16: exec_byte_code (bytecode.c:1559)
==17543==    by 0x53DA09: funcall_lambda (eval.c:3040)
==17543==    by 0x53DDE3: Ffuncall (eval.c:2855)
==17543==    by 0x56DC34: exec_byte_code (bytecode.c:919)
==17543==    by 0x53DA09: funcall_lambda (eval.c:3040)
==17543==    by 0x53DDE3: Ffuncall (eval.c:2855)
==17543==  Address 0xff05250 is 704 bytes inside a block of size 960 free'd
==17543==    at 0x4C2A82E: free (in
/usr/lib/valgrind/vgpreload_memcheck-amd64-linux.so)
==17543==    by 0x52417C: lisp_free (alloc.c:931)
==17543==    by 0x528990: Fgarbage_collect (alloc.c:6637)
==17543==    by 0x53DB1E: Ffuncall (lisp.h:4518)
==17543==    by 0x53C7E5: internal_condition_case_n (eval.c:1427)
==17543==    by 0x42FA86: safe_call (xdisp.c:2563)
==17543==    by 0x42FAC9: safe_call1 (xdisp.c:2579)
==17543==    by 0x42FD41: safe_eval (xdisp.c:2587)
==17543==    by 0x43A3E4: display_mode_element (xdisp.c:21636)
==17543==    by 0x43A592: display_mode_element (xdisp.c:21717)
==17543==    by 0x43EB91: display_mode_line (xdisp.c:21234)
==17543==    by 0x43EDFD: display_mode_lines (xdisp.c:21177)
==17543==
==17543== Invalid read of size 8
==17543==    at 0x5829EC: find_interval (lisp.h:2377)
==17543==    by 0x582EE0: graft_intervals_into_buffer (intervals.c:1659)
==17543==    by 0x4FA348: insert_from_string_1 (insdel.c:976)
==17543==    by 0x4FB814: insert_from_string (insdel.c:868)
==17543==    by 0x5354D2: general_insert_function (editfns.c:2248)
==17543==    by 0x5355B0: Finsert (editfns.c:2289)
==17543==    by 0x56FA16: exec_byte_code (bytecode.c:1559)
==17543==    by 0x53DA09: funcall_lambda (eval.c:3040)
==17543==    by 0x53DDE3: Ffuncall (eval.c:2855)
==17543==    by 0x56DC34: exec_byte_code (bytecode.c:919)
==17543==    by 0x53DA09: funcall_lambda (eval.c:3040)
==17543==    by 0x53DDE3: Ffuncall (eval.c:2855)
==17543==  Address 0xff04f90 is 0 bytes inside a block of size 960 free'd
==17543==    at 0x4C2A82E: free (in
/usr/lib/valgrind/vgpreload_memcheck-amd64-linux.so)
==17543==    by 0x52417C: lisp_free (alloc.c:931)
==17543==    by 0x528990: Fgarbage_collect (alloc.c:6637)
==17543==    by 0x53DB1E: Ffuncall (lisp.h:4518)
==17543==    by 0x53C7E5: internal_condition_case_n (eval.c:1427)
==17543==    by 0x42FA86: safe_call (xdisp.c:2563)
==17543==    by 0x42FAC9: safe_call1 (xdisp.c:2579)
==17543==    by 0x42FD41: safe_eval (xdisp.c:2587)
==17543==    by 0x43A3E4: display_mode_element (xdisp.c:21636)
==17543==    by 0x43A592: display_mode_element (xdisp.c:21717)
==17543==    by 0x43EB91: display_mode_line (xdisp.c:21234)
==17543==    by 0x43EDFD: display_mode_lines (xdisp.c:21177)
==17543==
==17543== Invalid read of size 8
==17543==    at 0x581DA1: balance_possible_root_interval (lisp.h:2377)
==17543==    by 0x58299F: split_interval_left (intervals.c:615)
==17543==    by 0x582F48: graft_intervals_into_buffer (intervals.c:1669)
==17543==    by 0x4FA348: insert_from_string_1 (insdel.c:976)
==17543==    by 0x4FB814: insert_from_string (insdel.c:868)
==17543==    by 0x5354D2: general_insert_function (editfns.c:2248)
==17543==    by 0x5355B0: Finsert (editfns.c:2289)
==17543==    by 0x56FA16: exec_byte_code (bytecode.c:1559)
==17543==    by 0x53DA09: funcall_lambda (eval.c:3040)
==17543==    by 0x53DDE3: Ffuncall (eval.c:2855)
==17543==    by 0x56DC34: exec_byte_code (bytecode.c:919)
==17543==    by 0x53DA09: funcall_lambda (eval.c:3040)
==17543==  Address 0xff04f90 is 0 bytes inside a block of size 960 free'd
==17543==    at 0x4C2A82E: free (in
/usr/lib/valgrind/vgpreload_memcheck-amd64-linux.so)
==17543==    by 0x52417C: lisp_free (alloc.c:931)
==17543==    by 0x528990: Fgarbage_collect (alloc.c:6637)
==17543==    by 0x53DB1E: Ffuncall (lisp.h:4518)
==17543==    by 0x53C7E5: internal_condition_case_n (eval.c:1427)
==17543==    by 0x42FA86: safe_call (xdisp.c:2563)
==17543==    by 0x42FAC9: safe_call1 (xdisp.c:2579)
==17543==    by 0x42FD41: safe_eval (xdisp.c:2587)
==17543==    by 0x43A3E4: display_mode_element (xdisp.c:21636)
==17543==    by 0x43A592: display_mode_element (xdisp.c:21717)
==17543==    by 0x43EB91: display_mode_line (xdisp.c:21234)
==17543==    by 0x43EDFD: display_mode_lines (xdisp.c:21177)
==17543==
==17543== Invalid read of size 8
==17543==    at 0x581DB4: balance_possible_root_interval (buffer.h:1160)
==17543==    by 0x58299F: split_interval_left (intervals.c:615)
==17543==    by 0x582F48: graft_intervals_into_buffer (intervals.c:1669)
==17543==    by 0x4FA348: insert_from_string_1 (insdel.c:976)
==17543==    by 0x4FB814: insert_from_string (insdel.c:868)
==17543==    by 0x5354D2: general_insert_function (editfns.c:2248)
==17543==    by 0x5355B0: Finsert (editfns.c:2289)
==17543==    by 0x56FA16: exec_byte_code (bytecode.c:1559)
==17543==    by 0x53DA09: funcall_lambda (eval.c:3040)
==17543==    by 0x53DDE3: Ffuncall (eval.c:2855)
==17543==    by 0x56DC34: exec_byte_code (bytecode.c:919)
==17543==    by 0x53DA09: funcall_lambda (eval.c:3040)
==17543==  Address 0xff05250 is 704 bytes inside a block of size 960 free'd
==17543==    at 0x4C2A82E: free (in
/usr/lib/valgrind/vgpreload_memcheck-amd64-linux.so)
==17543==    by 0x52417C: lisp_free (alloc.c:931)
==17543==    by 0x528990: Fgarbage_collect (alloc.c:6637)
==17543==    by 0x53DB1E: Ffuncall (lisp.h:4518)
==17543==    by 0x53C7E5: internal_condition_case_n (eval.c:1427)
==17543==    by 0x42FA86: safe_call (xdisp.c:2563)
==17543==    by 0x42FAC9: safe_call1 (xdisp.c:2579)
==17543==    by 0x42FD41: safe_eval (xdisp.c:2587)
==17543==    by 0x43A3E4: display_mode_element (xdisp.c:21636)
==17543==    by 0x43A592: display_mode_element (xdisp.c:21717)
==17543==    by 0x43EB91: display_mode_line (xdisp.c:21234)
==17543==    by 0x43EDFD: display_mode_lines (xdisp.c:21177)
==17543==
==17543== Invalid read of size 8
==17543==    at 0x583414: offset_intervals (lisp.h:2377)
==17543==    by 0x4FA538: insert_1_both (insdel.c:839)
==17543==    by 0x4FB9C0: insert_and_inherit (insdel.c:593)
==17543==    by 0x50B1E9: internal_self_insert (cmds.c:489)
==17543==    by 0x50B490: Fself_insert_command (cmds.c:310)
==17543==    by 0x53DC9B: Ffuncall (eval.c:2806)
==17543==    by 0x56DC34: exec_byte_code (bytecode.c:919)
==17543==    by 0x53D80F: funcall_lambda (eval.c:2974)
==17543==    by 0x53DDE3: Ffuncall (eval.c:2855)
==17543==    by 0x56DC34: exec_byte_code (bytecode.c:919)
==17543==    by 0x53DA09: funcall_lambda (eval.c:3040)
==17543==    by 0x53DDE3: Ffuncall (eval.c:2855)
==17543==  Address 0xff04f90 is 0 bytes inside a block of size 960 free'd
==17543==    at 0x4C2A82E: free (in
/usr/lib/valgrind/vgpreload_memcheck-amd64-linux.so)
==17543==    by 0x52417C: lisp_free (alloc.c:931)
==17543==    by 0x528990: Fgarbage_collect (alloc.c:6637)
==17543==    by 0x53DB1E: Ffuncall (lisp.h:4518)
==17543==    by 0x53C7E5: internal_condition_case_n (eval.c:1427)
==17543==    by 0x42FA86: safe_call (xdisp.c:2563)
==17543==    by 0x42FAC9: safe_call1 (xdisp.c:2579)
==17543==    by 0x42FD41: safe_eval (xdisp.c:2587)
==17543==    by 0x43A3E4: display_mode_element (xdisp.c:21636)
==17543==    by 0x43A592: display_mode_element (xdisp.c:21717)
==17543==    by 0x43EB91: display_mode_line (xdisp.c:21234)
==17543==    by 0x43EDFD: display_mode_lines (xdisp.c:21177)
==17543==
==17543== Invalid read of size 8
==17543==    at 0x583F27: offset_intervals (lisp.h:2377)
==17543==    by 0x4FB260: replace_range (insdel.c:1411)
==17543==    by 0x5131C2: Freplace_match (search.c:2622)
==17543==    by 0x53DD19: Ffuncall (eval.c:2822)
==17543==    by 0x56DC34: exec_byte_code (bytecode.c:919)
==17543==    by 0x53DA09: funcall_lambda (eval.c:3040)
==17543==    by 0x53DDE3: Ffuncall (eval.c:2855)
==17543==    by 0x56DC34: exec_byte_code (bytecode.c:919)
==17543==    by 0x53DA09: funcall_lambda (eval.c:3040)
==17543==    by 0x53DDE3: Ffuncall (eval.c:2855)
==17543==    by 0x56DC34: exec_byte_code (bytecode.c:919)
==17543==    by 0x570C7A: Fbyte_code (bytecode.c:482)
==17543==  Address 0xff04f90 is 0 bytes inside a block of size 960 free'd
==17543==    at 0x4C2A82E: free (in
/usr/lib/valgrind/vgpreload_memcheck-amd64-linux.so)
==17543==    by 0x52417C: lisp_free (alloc.c:931)
==17543==    by 0x528990: Fgarbage_collect (alloc.c:6637)
==17543==    by 0x53DB1E: Ffuncall (lisp.h:4518)
==17543==    by 0x53C7E5: internal_condition_case_n (eval.c:1427)
==17543==    by 0x42FA86: safe_call (xdisp.c:2563)
==17543==    by 0x42FAC9: safe_call1 (xdisp.c:2579)
==17543==    by 0x42FD41: safe_eval (xdisp.c:2587)
==17543==    by 0x43A3E4: display_mode_element (xdisp.c:21636)
==17543==    by 0x43A592: display_mode_element (xdisp.c:21717)
==17543==    by 0x43EB91: display_mode_line (xdisp.c:21234)
==17543==    by 0x43EDFD: display_mode_lines (xdisp.c:21177)
==17543==
==17543== Invalid read of size 8
==17543==    at 0x8FD6CA0: memrchr (memrchr.S:349)
==17543==    by 0x516C1C: find_newline (search.c:838)
==17543==    by 0x516E06: find_newline_no_quit (search.c:918)
==17543==    by 0x4407BE: back_to_previous_visible_line_start (xdisp.c:6008)
==17543==    by 0x441023: move_it_vertically_backward (xdisp.c:9174)
==17543==    by 0x45577E: redisplay_window (xdisp.c:16224)
==17543==    by 0x45683E: redisplay_window_0 (xdisp.c:14054)
==17543==    by 0x53C5B2: internal_condition_case_1 (eval.c:1369)
==17543==    by 0x42B95E: redisplay_windows (xdisp.c:14034)
==17543==    by 0x42B92F: redisplay_windows (xdisp.c:14028)
==17543==    by 0x4430C9: redisplay_internal (xdisp.c:13633)
==17543==    by 0x444201: redisplay (xdisp.c:12919)
==17543==  Address 0x1094bcc8 is 0 bytes after a block of size 24 alloc'd
==17543==    at 0x4C2B7B2: realloc (in
/usr/lib/valgrind/vgpreload_memcheck-amd64-linux.so)
==17543==    by 0x524506: xrealloc (alloc.c:717)
==17543==    by 0x4F5FE4: enlarge_buffer_text (buffer.c:5068)
==17543==    by 0x4F905A: make_gap (insdel.c:465)
==17543==    by 0x4F9103: make_gap_1 (insdel.c:503)
==17543==    by 0x4F2894: compact_buffer (buffer.c:1677)
==17543==    by 0x5279AD: Fgarbage_collect (alloc.c:5461)
==17543==    by 0x53DB1E: Ffuncall (lisp.h:4518)
==17543==    by 0x53C7E5: internal_condition_case_n (eval.c:1427)
==17543==    by 0x42FA86: safe_call (xdisp.c:2563)
==17543==    by 0x42FAC9: safe_call1 (xdisp.c:2579)
==17543==    by 0x42FD41: safe_eval (xdisp.c:2587)