Subject: bug#16494: closed (Re: bug#16494: 24.3.50; $EMACSLOADPATH stopped working)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2014 08:00:08 +0000

Your bug report

#16494: 24.3.50; $EMACSLOADPATH stopped working

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
16494: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=16494
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#16494: 24.3.50; $EMACSLOADPATH stopped working
From: Paul Eggert <[email-masked]>
To: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>, Sebastian Wiesner <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2014 23:59:31 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Thanks for pointing out this problem.  I think I've fixed it in Emacs 
trunk bzr 116077 and am marking this as done.  If the fix doesn't work 
for you we can reopen the bug report.

Subject: 24.3.50; $EMACSLOADPATH stopped working
From: Sebastian Wiesner <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2014 16:33:55 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

In Emacs 24.3.50, $EMACSLOADPATH stopped working.

To reproduce, save the following code as `load-path-test.el':

(defun print-path-list (paths)
  (dolist (path paths)
    (princ (concat "  " path))
    (terpri)))

(defun main ()
  (princ "load-path:")
  (terpri)
  (print-path-list load-path)
  (princ "$EMACSLOADPATH")
  (terpri)
  (print-path-list (split-string (getenv "EMACSLOADPATH")
                                 (regexp-quote path-separator))))

Then run it with `EMACSLOADPATH=$HOME:/tmp emacs -Q --batch -l
load-path-test -f main'.  I see the following output:

load-path:
  /usr/local/Cellar/emacs/HEAD/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp
  /usr/local/Cellar/emacs/HEAD/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/vc
  /usr/local/Cellar/emacs/HEAD/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/url
  /usr/local/Cellar/emacs/HEAD/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/textmodes
  /usr/local/Cellar/emacs/HEAD/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/progmodes
  /usr/local/Cellar/emacs/HEAD/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/play
  /usr/local/Cellar/emacs/HEAD/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org
  /usr/local/Cellar/emacs/HEAD/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/nxml
  /usr/local/Cellar/emacs/HEAD/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/net
  /usr/local/Cellar/emacs/HEAD/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/mh-e
  /usr/local/Cellar/emacs/HEAD/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/mail
  /usr/local/Cellar/emacs/HEAD/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/leim
  /usr/local/Cellar/emacs/HEAD/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/language
  /usr/local/Cellar/emacs/HEAD/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/international
  /usr/local/Cellar/emacs/HEAD/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/gnus
  /usr/local/Cellar/emacs/HEAD/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/eshell
  /usr/local/Cellar/emacs/HEAD/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/erc
  /usr/local/Cellar/emacs/HEAD/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/emulation
  /usr/local/Cellar/emacs/HEAD/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/emacs-lisp
  /usr/local/Cellar/emacs/HEAD/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/cedet
  /usr/local/Cellar/emacs/HEAD/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/calendar
  /usr/local/Cellar/emacs/HEAD/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/calc
  /usr/local/Cellar/emacs/HEAD/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/obsolete
$EMACSLOADPATH
  /Users/swiesner
  /tmp

As you can see, `load-path' is not initialized with the value of
$EMACSLOADPATH, even though the variable is properly exported and known
to the Emacs process.

What am I doing wrong?