Subject: bug#16493: 24.3.50; (setq search-invisible t) is useless, let's allow to turn visible-mode temporarily on

From: Bastien <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 12:15:59 +0100

Juri Linkov <[email-masked]> writes:

> I think we should keep the value `t' because it might be useful
> for some users.  And add a new value like `open-all' that in its behavior
> is similar to `open' but additionally will open all overlays at once
> using `visible-mode' as you suggested to do.

This would definitely be an improvement, thanks.

This was my first idea, but then `isearch-toggle-invisible' needs
to cycle through _three_ states instead of two, which deviates from
other toggle commands.

If such cycling is fine, I'm all for this change.

I consider this a bug, because anyone trying to replace text within
an Org bracket link will not reach the URL.

E.g. replacing "www" by "ftp" is currently not possible in

  [[http://gnu.org][GNU]]

you have to manually turn visible-mode on.

-- 
 Bastien