Subject: bug#16485: Using libtool in BusyBox

From: Joachim Bartz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2014 16:41:26 +0100

Hello all together.

I think I found a bug in the libtool 2.4.2, but I don¹t have any idea how
to get around the problem.

My environment is as follows:
I want to compile the current apache httpd 2.4.7 to run on my QNAP NAS.
All works fine, I can compile current apr & apr-util and install them
without any problem.
I can compile the httpd without any problem, too.

But if I use the command "make install³, I finally get these error lines:
install: unable to open `/opt/www/modules/mod_echo.la/mod_echo.lai': No
such file or directory
install: cannot change permissions of
/opt/www/modules/mod_echo.la/mod_echo.lai: No such file or directory
install: cannot change ownership of
/opt/www/modules/mod_echo.la/mod_echo.lai: No such file or directory

But if I enter the commands manually, all works fine. HmmmŠ
Using the "make install" multiple times gives - sometimes - different
failing file names.

I attached two log files using the libtool --debug option:
  * make-install.log is the output of the failing command using "make
install"
  * libtool-mod_echo-ok.log is the output of succeeding command

Maybe this information can help you the find a reason and/or bug.
I don¹t think this is a QNAP/BusyBox problem, because compiling and
installing other tools works fine.

Thanks a lot in advance.
If you have further questions do not hesitate to ask me.

Regards from Germany
Joachim Bartz