Subject: Re: bug#16482: 24.3; crash clicking menu in slime repl

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2019 18:12:42 +0200

Moogen Tian <[email-masked]> writes:

> When startup slime repl, as soon as the menu bar is clicked, emacs
> ALWAYS crashes immediately.
> This does not happen if the slime repl buffer is not activated.

(I'm going through old Emacs bug reports that unfortunately got no
response at the time.)

> Thread 0 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
> 0   libsystem_kernel.dylib         0x00007fff846c0292 __kill + 10
> 1   org.gnu.Emacs                  0x0000000100091069
> terminate_due_to_signal + 145
> 2   org.gnu.Emacs                       0x00000001000aa28b emacs_abort +
> 19

[...]

> ns_update_menubar + 1728
> 32  com.apple.AppKit                    0x00007fff8fd7c32a -[NSMenu
> _populateFromDelegateWithEventRef:] + 337
> 33  com.apple.AppKit                0x00007fff8fd79309 -[NSMenu
> _populateWithEventRef:] + 80

This was five years ago, so I think it's unlikely that we're going to
make any progress on this bug report at this point, and I'm closing it.
If these crashes still happen in modern versions of Emacs, please reopen
the bug report.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no