Subject: bug#16479: 24.3.50; daemon freeze with tty menus

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 17:26:20 +0200

> From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 09:55:13 -0500
> 
> > I tried to fix this in trunk revision 116053.
> 
> That looks correct, thank you.

Beginner's luck.

> > It is still not ideal (but what _is_ the ideal in this case?): the
> > open menu pops down, and you need to type C-g in the client where the
> > menu was open to get out, but at least the daemon doesn't segfault.
> 
> Hmm... connecting with another emacsclient causes the menu to pop down,
> but you still have to additionally hit C-g to "really get out"?
> That's weird.

Somehow Emacs still thinks it's inside the menu (it displays the help
echo in the echo area).  I guess something is missing somewhere, or
maybe some global variable is not reset as it should.

Why does the connection attempt from the second client accepted when
we switch to a single keyboard?  I expected it to be rejected.  What
am I missing?