Subject: Re: bug#16479: 24.3.50; daemon freeze with tty menus

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 13:59:46 +0200

> Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 13:10:43 +0200
> From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> > With menu-bar-mode (and thus the new tty menus) enabled, if I do the
> > steps I outlined above, I expect to be able to return to the previous
> > client and finish input.  This is not the case: if I go back to the
> > first client with the menu, and try an arrow key or C-{npbf}, emacs
> > crashes.  I think this is a bug.
> 
> A crash is always a bug.
> 
> I understand that you are talking about the situation where the menu
> is already open on one client, and then you start another client.
> 
> If so, this seems to have something to do with the fact that starting
> a client writes something to the terminal (to query the terminal about
> its features).

I tried to fix this in trunk revision 116053.  It is still not ideal
(but what _is_ the ideal in this case?): the open menu pops down, and
you need to type C-g in the client where the menu was open to get out,
but at least the daemon doesn't segfault.

Stefan, can you suggest a better solution?