Subject: bug#16469: 24.3.50; Emacs in fullscreen mode doesn't respect Win+M shortcut on Windows 7

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 22:33:24 +0400

Hello.

Win+M shortcut in Windows minimizes all windows (see
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/keyboard-shortcuts#keyboard-shortcuts=windows-7
for
example) . However the emacs frame, while in fullscreen (F11) mode, is not
minimized. If emacs frame in full size (M-F10) mode, then it is minimized
correctly. The "Show Desktop" command from context menu of taskbar mimizes
all windows correctly, even then emacs frame is in fullscreen mode.

1. emacs -Q
2. Press F11 or M-x toggle-frame-fullscreen
3. Press Win+M
3.1. Expected results: all windows are minimized and desktop shown
3.2. Actual results: all windows are minimized, except for emacs frame

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2014-01-04 on LEG570
Bzr revision: 115865 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --enable-checking 'CFLAGS=-O0 -g3' CPPFLAGS=-DGLYPH_DEBUG=1'

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: RUS
  locale-coding-system: cp1251

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<f11> <lwindow> <lwindow> <lwindow> <lwindow> <lwindow>
<lwindow> <lwindow> <lwindow> <lwindow> <lwindow> <lwindow>
<lwindow> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> M-x M-z C-g M-x C-g <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1>
M-x r e p o <tab> r t - e m a <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Quit
completing-read-default: Command attempted to use minibuffer while in
minibuffer
Quit [2 times]
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
help-fns mail-prsvr mail-utils help-mode easymenu time-date tooltip
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32
ls-lisp w32-common-fns disp-table w32-win w32-vars tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode
register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
w32notify w32 multi-tty emacs)