Subject: bug#16466: closed (Re: bug#16466: Add support for new arch 'ppc64le' in "emacs23" upstream package)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2014 23:47:04 +0000

Your bug report

#16466: Add support for new arch 'ppc64le' in "emacs23" upstream package

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
16466: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=16466
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#16466: Add support for new arch 'ppc64le' in "emacs23" upstream package
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2014 19:46:19 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Closed due to lack of response to request for more information.

Subject: Add support for new arch 'ppc64le' in "emacs23" upstream package
From: ravi <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], Deepak C Shetty <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 19:46:44 +0530
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

     We are in the process of adding support for new arch 'ppc64le' 
(powerpc 64-bit Little Endian) and I was looking at building " emacs23" 
package on ppc64le environment and found that "emacs23" package require 
a patch to config.guess file found in the emacs23 release tarball.
Fortunately , automake >=1.13.4 has all the needed bits to support 
building on ppc64le arch.

We would like to request you to upgrade "automake" in your build machine 
to >=1.13.4 and spin-off a new version of "emacs23" and let us know the 
new tar availability. So that we can test it on ppc64le architecture for 
you.

the release tarball that we picked is from 
"http://mirrors.ispros.com.bd/gnu/emacs/emacs-24.3.tar.gz" , which 
doesn't have the ppc64le support.

Your response is highly appreciated.

-- 
Ravindran
IBM LinuxTechnologyCenter