Subject: 23.0.60; xim problom

From: "楚石" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 11:46:41 +0800

After a system update and add some new fonts, the X input method not
work anymore.
It's the second time I got this problom. The first time is 2 years
ago, it bother me for half a year, and it solved by deletting some
chinese fonts copy from windows.
I don't know how to debug this bug, just changed my input method to
fcitx & scim (my default X Input Method is ibus). None of the 3 X
Input Method program could launch in emacs-cvs. All of them works fine
under my other GTK+ & Qt4 programs like tilda, firefox, gvim, opera,
qterm... etc.

The second problom is the first launch speed under no net envirement.
If I plugin my wired network, emacs-cvs start quickly.
Otherwise it delaied 1 or 2 minitues to start.

Could you please give me a advice to debug the C-SPC event, and find
out way it couldn't catch the XIM?

Thanks.

transtone
[email-masked]
=====================================

In GNU Emacs 23.0.60.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.14.5)
 of 2008-12-20 on zm-tux
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10503000
configured using `configure  '--prefix=/usr'
'--host=i686-pc-linux-gnu' '--mandir=/usr/share/man'
'--infodir=/usr/share/info' '--datadir=/usr/share' '--sysconfdir=/etc'
'--localstatedir=/var/lib' '--program-suffix=-emacs-23'
'--infodir=/usr/share/info/emacs-23' '--with-sound' '--with-x'
'--without-toolkit-scroll-bars' '--with-gif' '--with-jpeg'
'--with-png' '--with-rsvg' '--with-tiff' '--with-xpm'
'--with-freetype' '--with-xft' '--without-libotf' '--without-m17n-flt'
'--with-x-toolkit=gtk' '--without-hesiod' '--without-kerberos'
'--without-kerberos5' '--with-gpm' '--with-dbus'
'--build=i686-pc-linux-gnu' 'build_alias=i686-pc-linux-gnu'
'host_alias=i686-pc-linux-gnu' 'CFLAGS=-march=native -pipe -O2'
'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL:
  value of $LC_COLLATE: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_CTYPE: zh_CN.UTF-8
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_MONETARY: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: zh_CN.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: zh_CN.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=fcitx
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default-enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  yas/minor-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tabbar-mode: t
  auto-image-file-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  global-auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  hs-minor-mode: t

Recent input:
C-SPC C-SPC C-SPC C-SPC C-SPC <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <menu-bar>
<help-menu> <send-emacs-bug-report>

Recent messages:
Loading hideshow...done
Loading /home/zhou/.emacs.d/lisps/themes/color-theme-example.el (source)...done
Loading /home/zhou/.emacs.d/lisps/themes/color-theme-library.el (source)...done
Ido mode enabled
Loading /home/zhou/.emacs.d/lisps/cal-desk-calendar.el (source)...done
ECB 2.32 uses loaded semantic 2.0pre4, eieio 1.0 and speedbar 1.0.1. [3 times]
Source file `/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/cedet/semantic/semantic-debug.el'
newer than byte-compiled file
Fontifying *scratch*... (regexps...............)
Source file `/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/cedet/semantic/semantic-debug.el'
newer than byte-compiled file
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

--