Subject: bug#16456: 24.3; Problem with tool-bar-mode in the full screen on MacOSX 10.9

From: Piotr Praczyk <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 11:05:40 +0000

Hello

I have encountered a problem with using Emacs in the fullscreen mode.
I tend to work having all the menu bars and toolbars disabled to save space.

This works perfectly fine as long as I am in windowed mode.
When I switch to full-screen, the toolbar reappears.
Subsequent attempts to remove it (by calling tool-bar-mode in the
fullscreen) do not give satisfying results ... instead of having the
toolbar disappear, even more space is used.

Below the debug information:

In GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin, NS apple-appkit-1038.36)
 of 2013-03-13 on bob.porkrind.org
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1265
Configured using:
 `configure '--host=x86_64-apple-darwin' '--build=i686-apple-darwin'
 '--with-ns' 'build_alias=i686-apple-darwin'
 'host_alias=x86_64-apple-darwin' 'CC=gcc -mmacosx-version-min=10.7
 -isystem
 /Users/david/Xcode-10.7_4.5.2/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.7.sdk/usr/include/
 -F/Users/david/Xcode-10.7_4.5.2/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.7.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks''

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Python

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
s u c h / d i r e c t o r y / <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-movement> <mouse-movement> <drag-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <left> n o _ s u
c h _ p a t h _ p b _ c o n f i g _ f i l e <right>
<right> <return> <up> C-SPC <down> s-w C-x C-s <C-s-right>
C-x C-s <down-mouse-1> <drag-mouse-1> C-s g f i l e
s s s-w <left> <right> <backspace> <backspace> C-x
C-s <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> C-x b v e <tab> l i <tab>
<return> C-s S t a t <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> C-s C-s <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
G F i l e C-x o C-s G f i l e C-s <left> <left> <left>
<backspace> G <backspace> F C-x C-s <down> <up> <up>
<tab> <down> <down> <up> <up> v e r i f y _ c o n f
i g s _ l i b . P o p e n SPC <backspace> . G F i l
e <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> ( ) <left> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-movement> <mouse-movement> <drag-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> x o <return> _ C-_ C-_ <backspace> <backspace>
C-x C-s C-x o <down> <down> <down> <down> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> C-e <return> <tab> s e l f . m o x . <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> m o x . <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> C-s S t u b C-s <wheel-down> <double-wheel-down>
<triple-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down>
<triple-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down>
<triple-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down>
<triple-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down> <wheel-up>
<double-wheel-up> <triple-wheel-up> <triple-wheel-up>
<triple-wheel-up> <triple-wheel-up> <triple-wheel-up>
<triple-wheel-up> <triple-wheel-up> <triple-wheel-up>
<triple-wheel-up> <triple-wheel-up> <triple-wheel-up>
s-x b u g <tab> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
M-x b u g <tab> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> r e p o r t - b <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Saving file
/google/src/cloud/ppraczyk/bt_diff/google3/ads/statscollection/production/util/verify_configs_test.py...
Wrote
/google/src/cloud/ppraczyk/bt_diff/google3/ads/statscollection/production/util/verify_configs_test.py
Auto-saving...done
Undo! [2 times]
Saving file
/google/src/cloud/ppraczyk/bt_diff/google3/ads/statscollection/production/util/verify_configs_test.py...
Wrote
/google/src/cloud/ppraczyk/bt_diff/google3/ads/statscollection/production/util/verify_configs_test.py
Mark saved where search started
byte-code: End of buffer [5 times]
Auto-saving verify_configs_lib.py: Opening output file: operation not
permitted,
/google/src/cloud/ppraczyk/bt_diff/google3/ads/statscollection/production/util/#verify_configs_lib.py#
Auto-saving verify_configs_test.py: Opening output file: operation not
permitted,
/google/src/cloud/ppraczyk/bt_diff/google3/ads/statscollection/production/util/#verify_configs_test.py#

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr dabbrev misearch multi-isearch
cus-start cus-load emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader help-mode python rx comint ring ansi-color color-theme
cl-macs gv edmacro kmacro wid-edit cl cl-lib sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils reporter easymenu time-date
tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode
register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process ns multi-tty
emacs)