Subject: bug#16454: Enhancement: emacs library jka-compr

From: "Tobias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 17:07:37 +0100

Description:

The question and answer at

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/21118197/how-to-automatically-decompress-
a-custom-compressed-file-when-opened-in-emacs/21127244#21127244

show that it would be nice if the arguments of the compression/uncompression
program would be evaluated.

The following patch provides that possibility with almost no costs.

The patch includes the evaluation of the arguments as well as the necessary
changes to the customization of jka-compr-info-compress-args and its
documentation.

File: jka-cmpr-hook.el

Version: GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-unknown-cygwin, GTK+ Version 3.8.2) of
2013-08-20 on moufang

Patch: 

99c99

< (defun jka-compr-info-compress-args        (info)  (aref info 3))

---

> (defun jka-compr-info-compress-args        (info)  (mapcar 'apply (aref
info 3)))

102c102

< (defun jka-compr-info-uncompress-args      (info)  (aref info 6))

---

> (defun jka-compr-info-uncompress-args      (info)  (mapcar 'apply (aref
info 6)))

260c260,263

<    compress-args         is a list of args to pass to the compress program

---

>    compress-args         is a list of args to pass to the compress
program,

>                          each arg may be a string or a lisp expression

>                          the variable FILENAME is bound to the name of the
file

>                          to be compressed

267a271

>                          (analogeous to compress-args)

296c300

<                                             (repeat :tag "Uncompress
Arguments" string)

---

>                                             (repeat :tag "Uncompress
Arguments" (choice (string) (sexp)))