Subject: bug#16445: closed (Re: bug#16445: Regression: ff-find-other-file doesn't update frame title)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 15:46:02 +0000

Your bug report

#16445: Regression: ff-find-other-file doesn't update frame title

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
16445: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=16445
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#16445: Regression: ff-find-other-file doesn't update frame title
From: Barry OReilly <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 10:45:15 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I tried with the latest trunk version and couldn't reproduce it
either, so closing.

I have been using the commit before the one that introduced bug 16434,
which is a version this bug manifests in.

Subject: Regression: ff-find-other-file doesn't update frame title
From: Barry OReilly <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 12:12:38 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I use ff-find-other-file to switch between .h and .cc C++ files, using
Emacs as an X11 window (Emacs frame). The title for the X11 window does not
update itself when I switch between the two buffers with this command. eg
if I'm in Foo.cc and the title shows Foo.cc, I do ff-find-other-file and
successfully switch to Foo.h, but the title says Foo.cc. If I use the
buffer-menu to go to Foo.h, the title updates fine.

I tested with emacs-24.3 and don't witness the problem.

I'm on RHEL 5.