Subject: bug#1644 closed by Jason Rumney <[email-masked]> (Re: bug#1644: 23.0.60; Emacs client loops)

From: [email-masked] (Emacs bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 11:05:09 +0000

This is an automatic notification regarding your bug report
which was filed against the emacs package:

#1644: 23.0.60; Emacs client loops

It has been closed by Jason Rumney <[email-masked]>.

Their explanation is attached below along with your original report.
If this explanation is unsatisfactory and you have not received a
better one in a separate message then please contact Jason Rumney <[email-masked]> by
replying to this email.

-- 
1644: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=1644
Emacs Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#1644: 23.0.60; Emacs client loops
From: Jason Rumney <[email-masked]>
To: Lennart Borgman <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 18:59:55 +0800

Lennart Borgman wrote:
> I am not sure yet, but I believe this might have been a problem with
> the Firefox add-on.

This is likely, given that emacsclient does not create any threads, and 
MessageBox (the windows api call used for displaying messages when not 
running at the command line) does not return until you dismiss the 
dialog. So if multiple emacsclient error dialogs are appearing on the 
screen at once as your report described, then there must be multiple 
instances running.

Subject: 23.0.60; Emacs client loops
From: "Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 00:31:36 +0100

With a fresh checkout from today Emacs client seems to loop. I do not
know exactly what happens but I get a lot of message boxes saying
"Emacsclient ERROR" from it. Sometimes I am able to reboot, sometimes I
have to turn off the computer power.

emacsclientw.exe is called with only the file name as a parameter when
this happens.

Sorry for not giving more information right now, but it is a bit
cumbersome to collect it.

I do not see this error when I use an emacs + emacs client built 2008-11-24.

In GNU Emacs 23.0.60.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2008-12-19
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (3.4) --no-opt --cflags
-Ic:/g/include -fno-crossjumping'