Subject: bug#1644: 23.0.60; Emacs client loops

From: "Lennart Borgman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 11:48:26 +0100

On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 2:43 AM, Lennart Borgman
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 2:26 AM, Jason Rumney <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> Lennart Borgman (gmail) wrote:
>>>
>>> Sorry for not giving more information right now, but it is a bit
>>> cumbersome to collect it.
>>>
>>
>> Pertinent information would be whether you have applied your usual patches.
>
> This is without any patches (otherwise I would have said so).
>
>> I cannot reproduce the problem here, having tried both with and without
>> Emacs running.
>
> I can reproduce it, but I have only done it using the Firefox add-on
> "It's All Text" so far. I have no recipe starting from "emacs -Q", but
> I thought that this must be a rather big bug.

I am not sure yet, but I believe this might have been a problem with
the Firefox add-on. I contacted the author. He did not reply, but he
uploaded a new version. With this new version and a new Emacs I can no
longer reproduce the problem. (Please notice however that I have also
built a new Emacs today.)