Subject: [feature request] Highlighting of strings within Info buffers

From: "Sebastien Vauban" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 11:15:47 +0100

Hello,

As an occasional reader of the Emacs Info files, I find that these are
much more readable when the strings are highlighted: we directly see
a couple of variables we should customize, or a couple of functions
which we have to call.

I do use Info+ to obtain http://screencast.com/t/p62ccMRqmjM:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
(require 'info+)

;; show breadcrumbs in the header line
(setq Info-breadcrumbs-in-header-flag t)

;; don't show breadcrumbs in the mode line
(setq Info-breadcrumbs-in-mode-line-mode nil)
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

But it'd be nice if the highlighting was in Emacs by default, to serve
all users who don't have such a customization.

Best regards,
  Seb

-- 
Sebastien Vauban