Subject: Re: bug#16694: bugs #16694/#16378: Patches

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 19:38:08 +0300

> Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2014 10:22:27 +0200
> From: Matthias Dahl <[email-masked]>
> CC: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], 
>  [email-masked]
> 
> Eli, could you please test the attached patches? Everything is rather
> self-explanatory and the fix as simplistic as possible. I tested it for
> all known possible regressions, but everything works just fine here. It
> looks like it is the right thing to do (tm). Unfortunately, I was not
> able to test it on win32 (yeah, I know, sorry) for obvious reasons :)
> but based on what you said, it should fix the toolbar coloring just fine.

Unfortunately, it doesn't fix the problem.  It looks like the problem
is that when make-face-x-resource-internal is called near the end of
face-spec-recalc, inhibit-x-resources is already set non-nil, and so
make-face-x-resource-internal does nothing.

Don't you see the same problem on X if you set
emacs.tool-bar.attributeBackground in the X resources?  That would
allow you to try the change on your system.

> If there are no regressions reported from other parties and if it fixes
> the issues on win32, from my side just go ahead and apply it to master
> and emacs-24.

Btw, in the future, you don't need to submit 2 identical patches, just
one to the release branch is enough: it will get merged onto the trunk
soon enough after being committed to the branch.

Thanks.