Subject: Re: Test case for newline cache corruption

From: Ken Olum <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2014 11:14:06 -0400

Here's the log of your debugging output and other messages for my test
case.

                                        Ken
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Counting messages...
know_region_cache (test.mbox, 351, 359, 1449)

Counting messages...done
know_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 7, 31, 1202)
know_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 70, 74, 1202)
know_region_cache (test.mbox, 1, 7, 1202)
know_region_cache (test.mbox, 32, 60, 1202)
know_region_cache (test.mbox, 61, 70, 1202)
know_region_cache (test.mbox, 75, 112, 1202)
know_region_cache (test.mbox, 114, 120, 1202)
know_region_cache (test.mbox, 121, 127, 1202)
know_region_cache (test.mbox, 128, 198, 1202)
know_region_cache (test.mbox, 199, 258, 1202)
know_region_cache (test.mbox, 259, 286, 1202)
know_region_cache (test.mbox, 287, 395, 1202)
know_region_cache (test.mbox, 396, 403, 1202)
know_region_cache (test.mbox, 404, 410, 1202)
know_region_cache (test.mbox, 411, 503, 1202)
know_region_cache (test.mbox, 504, 705, 1202)
know_region_cache (test.mbox, 706, 806, 1202)
know_region_cache (test.mbox, 807, 898, 1202)
know_region_cache (test.mbox, 899, 985, 1202)
know_region_cache (test.mbox, 986, 1077, 1202)
know_region_cache (test.mbox, 1078, 1169, 1202)
know_region_cache (test.mbox, 1170, 1184, 1202)
know_region_cache (test.mbox, 1185, 1192, 1202)
know_region_cache (test.mbox, 1193, 1200, 1202)
know_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 1, 55, 1449)
know_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 56, 93, 1449)
know_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 94, 140, 1449)
know_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 141, 171, 1449)
know_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 172, 200, 1449)
know_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 201, 214, 1449)
know_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 215, 252, 1449)
know_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 253, 330, 1449)
know_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 331, 351, 1449)
know_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 361, 367, 1449)
know_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 368, 374, 1449)
know_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 375, 445, 1449)
know_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 446, 505, 1449)
know_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 506, 533, 1449)
know_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 534, 642, 1449)
know_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 643, 650, 1449)
know_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 651, 657, 1449)
know_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 658, 750, 1449)
know_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 751, 952, 1449)
know_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 953, 1053, 1449)
know_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 1054, 1145, 1449)
know_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 1146, 1232, 1449)
know_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 1233, 1324, 1449)
know_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 1325, 1416, 1449)
know_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 1417, 1431, 1449)
know_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 1432, 1439, 1449)
know_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 1440, 1447, 1449)

Getting mail from /old/home/kdo/test.in...
invalidate_region_cache (test.mbox, 361, 361, 1449) (revalidated)
invalidate_region_cache (test.mbox, 1449, 2014, 2014) (revalidated)

invalidate_region_cache (test.mbox, 2012, 2012, 2014)
invalidate_region_cache (test.mbox, 2030, 2030, 2032) (revalidated)
know_region_cache (test.mbox, 2012, 2030, 2034)
invalidate_region_cache (test.mbox, 2032, 2032, 2034) (revalidated)
know_region_cache (test.mbox, 2030, 2032, 2042)
invalidate_region_cache (test.mbox, 2040, 2040, 2042) (revalidated)
know_region_cache (test.mbox, 2032, 2040, 2043)

Counting new messages...done (1)
Saving file /home/kdo/test.mbox...
Wrote /home/kdo/test.mbox [2 times]
1 new message read
invalidate_region_cache (test.mbox, 2038, 2039, 2043) (revalidated)
invalidate_region_cache (test.mbox, 2038, 2038, 2042) (revalidated)
know_region_cache (test.mbox, 2038, 2039, 2043)
invalidate_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 1, 1202, 1202)
invalidate_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 1, 1, 1)
invalidate_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 1, 1, 1)
invalidate_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 1, 1, 2)
invalidate_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 1, 1, 3)
invalidate_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 39, 39, 41)
invalidate_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 68, 68, 70)
invalidate_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 82, 82, 84)
know_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 77, 81, 126)
know_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 88, 123, 126)
invalidate_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 1, 126, 126)
invalidate_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 1, 1, 1)
invalidate_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 1, 1, 1)
invalidate_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 1, 1, 2)
invalidate_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 1, 1, 3)
invalidate_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 39, 39, 41)
invalidate_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 68, 68, 70)
invalidate_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 82, 82, 84)
know_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 77, 81, 126)
know_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 88, 123, 126)
know_region_cache (test.mbox, 1, 38, 126)
know_region_cache (test.mbox, 39, 67, 126)
know_region_cache (test.mbox, 68, 77, 126)
know_region_cache (test.mbox, 82, 88, 126)
know_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 1449, 1503, 2043)
know_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 1504, 1543, 2043)
know_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 1544, 1581, 2043)
know_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 1582, 1628, 2043)
know_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 1629, 1687, 2043)
know_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 1688, 1760, 2043)
know_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 1761, 1835, 2043)
know_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 1836, 1873, 2043)
know_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 1874, 1902, 2043)
know_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 1903, 1916, 2043)
know_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 1917, 1969, 2043)
know_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 1970, 2011, 2043)
invalidate_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 1, 126, 126)
invalidate_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 1, 1, 1)
invalidate_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 1, 1, 1)
invalidate_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 1, 1, 1089)
invalidate_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 1, 1, 1090)
invalidate_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 32, 32, 1121)
invalidate_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 61, 61, 1150)
invalidate_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 75, 75, 1164)
know_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 7, 31, 1202)
know_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 70, 74, 1202)
know_region_cache (test.mbox, 1, 7, 1202)
know_region_cache (test.mbox, 32, 60, 1202)
know_region_cache (test.mbox, 61, 70, 1202)
know_region_cache (test.mbox, 75, 112, 1202)
know_region_cache (test.mbox, 114, 120, 1202)
know_region_cache (test.mbox, 121, 127, 1202)
know_region_cache (test.mbox, 128, 198, 1202)
know_region_cache (test.mbox, 199, 258, 1202)
know_region_cache (test.mbox, 259, 286, 1202)
know_region_cache (test.mbox, 287, 395, 1202)
know_region_cache (test.mbox, 396, 403, 1202)
know_region_cache (test.mbox, 404, 410, 1202)
know_region_cache (test.mbox, 411, 503, 1202)
know_region_cache (test.mbox, 504, 705, 1202)
know_region_cache (test.mbox, 706, 806, 1202)
know_region_cache (test.mbox, 807, 898, 1202)
know_region_cache (test.mbox, 899, 985, 1202)
know_region_cache (test.mbox, 986, 1077, 1202)
know_region_cache (test.mbox, 1078, 1169, 1202)
know_region_cache (test.mbox, 1170, 1184, 1202)
know_region_cache (test.mbox, 1185, 1192, 1202)
know_region_cache (test.mbox, 1193, 1200, 1202)
know_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 361, 367, 2043)
know_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 368, 374, 2043)
know_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 375, 445, 2043)
know_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 446, 505, 2043)
know_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 506, 533, 2043)
know_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 534, 642, 2043)
know_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 643, 650, 2043)
know_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 651, 657, 2043)
know_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 658, 750, 2043)
know_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 751, 926, 2043)
know_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 932, 933, 2043)
know_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 939, 940, 2043)
know_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 1010, 1011, 2043)
know_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 1070, 1071, 2043)
know_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 1098, 1099, 2043)
know_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 1207, 1208, 2043)
know_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 1215, 1216, 2043)
know_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 1222, 1223, 2043)
know_region_cache ( *message-viewer test.mbox*, 1315, 1316, 2043)

Newline cache corrupted in  *message-viewer test.mbox*
invalidate_region_cache ( *Minibuf-1*, 1, 1, 1)
know_region_cache ( *Minibuf-1*, 1, 40, 40)
invalidate_region_cache ( *Minibuf-1*, 40, 40, 40)
invalidate_region_cache ( *Minibuf-1*, 41, 41, 41)
invalidate_region_cache ( *Minibuf-1*, 42, 42, 42)
invalidate_region_cache ( *Minibuf-1*, 43, 43, 43)
invalidate_region_cache ( *Minibuf-1*, 44, 44, 44)
invalidate_region_cache ( *Minibuf-1*, 1, 50, 50)
----------------------------------------------------------------------