Subject: Re: Test case for newline cache corruption

From: Ken Olum <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2014 11:29:22 -0400

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
   Date: Sat, 24 May 2014 11:24:02 +0300

   What are your locale settings?

LC_ALL=C

   Also, is your build optimized or not?  More generally, what are the
   values of system-configuration and system-configuration-options in the
   build where you reproduce this?  If your build options are different
   from mine, especially the optimization switches, perhaps that is part
   of the issue somehow.

All I did was to download the trunk distribution and say "make".

system-configuration is "x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu"
system-configuration-options is ""

I'm running Ubuntu 12.04 LTS.

To avoid any possible dependence on window system issues, I tried
"emacs -nw" and got the same failure.

I'm happy to try to debug the C code if needed.  I can use GDB.

                                        Ken