Subject: bug#16412: closed (Re: bug#16412: assertion failed switching buffers)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2014 03:07:03 +0000

Your bug report

#16412: assertion failed switching buffers

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
16412: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=16412
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#16412: assertion failed switching buffers
From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
To: Samuel Wales <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 22:06:07 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> Emacs 23.4.

Thank you, but doc-view.el has seen various bug fixes in that area since
23.4 was released (e.g. the assertion you quote is gone).  I suggest you
try a more recent release and open a new bug if you see similar problems
with it (or different problems, for that matter, of course).

        Stefan

Subject: assertion failed switching buffers
From: Samuel Wales <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 17:59:20 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (cl-assertion-failed (not
(get-char-property (point-min) (quote display))))
  signal(cl-assertion-failed ((not (get-char-property ... ...))))
  (or (not (get-char-property ... ...)) (signal (quote
cl-assertion-failed) (list ...)))
  (progn (or (not ...) (signal ... ...)) nil)
  (assert (not (get-char-property ... ...)))
  (if ol (progn (assert ...) (setq ol ...)) (assert (not ...)) (setq
ol (make-overlay ... ... nil t)) (overlay-put ol (quote doc-view) t))
  (let ((ol ...)) (when (and ol ...) (setq ol nil)) (if ol (progn ...
...) (assert ...) (setq ol ...) (overlay-put ol ... t)) (overlay-put
ol (quote window) (car winprops)) (image-mode-window-put (quote
overlay) ol winprops))
  doc-view-new-window-function((#<window 3 on *Backtrace*>))
  run-hook-with-args(doc-view-new-window-function (#<window 3 on *Backtrace*>))
  image-mode-winprops(nil t)
  image-mode-reapply-winprops()
  switch-to-buffer(#<buffer whatever.pdf>)
  previous-buffer()
  call-interactively(previous-buffer nil nil)

I cannot do a better bug report at this time.

Emacs 23.4.

Thanks.

Samuel

-- 
The Kafka Pandemic: http://thekafkapandemic.blogspot.com

The disease DOES progress.  MANY people have died from it.  ANYBODY can get it.

Denmark: free Karina Hansen NOW.