Subject: bug#16407: Info-directory-list should always put this Emacs's info direc first

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 May 2022 13:33:12 +0200

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> The info setup is pretty convoluted, so I'm not quite sure what the
> current state is.  This is the default value in "emacs -Q" in Emacs 29:
>
> Info-directory-list
> ("/home/larsi/src/emacs/trunk/info/" "/usr/share/info/")
>
> But it's with an uninstalled Emacs.  Reading Info-default-dirs, it looks
> like it's trying to do the right thing?  So has this been solved already
> at some point?
>
>> (even before INFOPATH entries).
>
> But I'm not sure about that.  I don't think distributions set that by
> default, but users do to alter stuff, so we should respect it.

It seems to me like Emacs 29 is putting Emacs' info directory first, so
I'm closing this bug report.  (I may be mistaken, and there's some cases
where that doesn't happen, but I haven't been able to reproduce it -- if
somebody has a case for reproduction, please go ahead and open a new bug
report.)

(And I still agree with myself that INFOPATH should take precedence.)

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no