Subject: bug#16400: 24.3.50; [PATCH] Add menu entry for Global Auto Revert mode

From: Matthias Meulien <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2014 09:12:29 +0100

A simple usability improvment...

>From e71cd3f7f52469806ab7ecd4318204a36f495576 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Matthias Meulien <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 00:35:05 +0100
Subject: [PATCH] lisp/menu-bar.el: Add entry for Global Auto Revert mode

---
 lisp/menu-bar.el | 6 ++++++
 1 file changed, 6 insertions(+)

diff --git a/lisp/menu-bar.el b/lisp/menu-bar.el
index 0b69d4e..b2f5a40 100644
--- a/lisp/menu-bar.el
+++ b/lisp/menu-bar.el
@@ -1205,6 +1205,12 @@ mail status in mode line"))
     (bindings--define-key menu [cursor-separator]
       menu-bar-separator)
 
+    (bindings--define-key menu [global-auto-revert-mode]
+      (menu-bar-make-mm-toggle
+       global-auto-revert-mode
+       "Revert buffers on files changes"
+       "Toggle Global Auto Revert mode"))
+
     (bindings--define-key menu [save-place]
       (menu-bar-make-toggle
        toggle-save-place-globally save-place
-- 
1.8.5.2

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.10.6)
 of 2014-01-06 on choubidou
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11405000
Important settings:
  value of $LC_COLLATE: C
  value of $LANG: fr_FR.utf8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Shell

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  global-auto-complete-mode: t
  global-semantic-mru-bookmark-mode: t
  global-semanticdb-minor-mode: t
  global-semantic-idle-scheduler-mode: t
  semantic-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  auto-image-file-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  auto-insert-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
t e r <return> C-x k <return> y g i t SPC c l o g SPC 
- 3 <return> g i t SPC c h e c k o u t SPC m a s s 
<backspace> t e r <return> g i t SPC r e v <backspace> 
<M-backspace> b r a n c h SPC - d SPC r e v e r t <return> 
M-p M-b C-b <backspace> D <return> g i t SPC c h e 
c k o u t SPC - d <backspace> b SPC a t u <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> a u t o - r e v e r t <return> 
g i t SPC c h e c k o u t SPC d e v l <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> m e n u <return> g i t SPC 
c l o g SPC - 3 <return> C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p 
C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-n M-b C-SPC C-e M-w C-x o C-x 
o C-x o M-> g i t SPC c h e c k o u t SPC a u t o - 
r e v e r t <return> g i SPC <backspace> t SPC c h 
e r C-c M-r C-e SPC C-y M-b <M-backspace> <return> 
g i t SPC f o r C-c M-r C-e <return> g i t SPC m <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> m v 
SPC 0 0 <tab> ~ / P r <tab> e m <tab> p <tab> a <tab> 
<return> C-x o g p o C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n <f10> C-x o M-x r e p o r t SPC b <backspace> 
e m <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Trash D [2 files] (y or n)  y
Trashing...100%
Kill buffer of 0001-lisp-progmodes-prog-mode.el-Add-custom-options-to-mo.patch, too? (y or n)  y
Trashing...done
When done with a buffer, type C-x #
Buffer `COMMIT_EDITMSG' still has clients; kill it? (y or n)  y
Mark set [3 times]
Making completion list...
Omitting...
Omitted 3 lines.
Quit

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 epg-config
mm-view mml-smime smime dig gnus-sum imenu disp-table emacsbug sendmail
help-mode diff-mode add-log diary-lib diary-loaddefs
semantic/bovine/make semantic/analyze semantic/sort semantic/scope
semantic/analyze/fcn semantic/bovine/make-by semantic/bovine make-mode
semantic/html sgml-mode semantic/tag-file semantic/db-file data-debug
cedet-files semantic/wisent/python semantic/decorate/include
semantic/db-find semantic/db-ref semantic/decorate/mode
semantic/decorate pulse semantic/dep semantic/wisent/python-wy
semantic/wisent semantic/wisent/wisent rx python sh-script smie
executable mule-util time-stamp parse-time network-stream starttls
url-http tls url-gw url-cache url-auth url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util
url-parse auth-source password-cache url-vars mailcap avoid generic
org-element org-rmail org-mhe org-irc org-info org-gnus org-docview
doc-view jka-compr image-mode org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb org-w3m
dired-aux face-remap vc-dir ewoc vc vc-dispatcher vc-git flyspell
reftex-dcr reftex reftex-vars goto-addr tex-mode paren warnings ob-sh
shell ob-plantuml choubidou-custom cus-edit gnus-demon nntp gnus-group
gnus-undo nnmail mail-source gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-win nnoo gnus-int
gnus-range message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader gnus gnus-ems nnheader gnus-util mail-utils mm-util
mail-prsvr wid-edit gnus-dired dired-x dired org-capture org org-macro
org-footnote org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities
noutline outline easy-mmode org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle
org-src ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-keys ob-exp ob-comint ob-core ob-eval
org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs format-spec find-func cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs dictionary link connection flymake-csslint php-mode etags
cc-langs speedbar sb-image dframe sql view thingatpt flymake-jslint
flymake-python-pyflakes flymake-easy flymake compile comint hideshow
skeleton find-file advice help-fns whitespace auto-complete edmacro
kmacro cl-macs popup cl minimap semantic/mru-bookmark ring
semantic/db-mode semantic/db gv eieio-base semantic/idle semantic/format
ezimage semantic/tag-ls semantic/find semantic/ctxt semantic/util-modes
semantic/util semantic semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw mode-local
cedet ispell desktop frameset server woman man cl-loaddefs cl-lib
ansi-color image-file tar-mode saveplace elec-pair cus-start cus-load
icomplete windmove autorevert filenotify autoinsert cc-mode cc-fonts
cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs
generic-x Django-doc-autoloads auto-complete-autoloads
color-theme-solarized-autoloads doctags-autoloads info easymenu
flymake-csslint-autoloads flymake-jslint-autoloads
flymake-easy-autoloads gist-autoloads finder-inf gh-autoloads eieio
byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv eieio-core gnuplot-autoloads
graphviz-dot-mode-autoloads htmlize-autoloads logito-autoloads
php-mode-autoloads popup-autoloads symbols-mode-autoloads package
time-date tooltip electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak
czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button
faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty emacs)