Subject: bug#16379: closed (Re: bug#16379: 24.3.50; max window can't fill the desktop)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2014 10:25:08 +0000

Your bug report

#16379: 24.3.50; max window can't fill the desktop

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
16379: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=16379
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#16379: 24.3.50; max window can't fill the desktop
From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
To: zijianyue <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2014 11:24:37 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> So you have to set `frame-resize-pixelwise' to t in your .emacs.

I explained that you have to do this in the doc-string of
`frame-resize-pixelwise'.  Closing this bug.

Thanks, martin

Subject: 24.3.50; max window can't fill the desktop
From: zijianyue <[email-masked]>
To: bug-gnu-emacs <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2014 10:42:30 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

*** E-Mail body has been placed on clipboard, please paste it here! ***

maximize emacs window can't fill the desktop,though i am not using the
default font

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.2 (i686-pc-mingw32)
of 2014-01-07 on XP-201104270939
Bzr revision: [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
Configured using:
`configure --prefix=/e/emacs --enable-checking 'CFLAGS=-O0 -g3'
CPPFLAGS=-DGLYPH_DEBUG=1'

Important settings:
  value of $EMACSDATA: E:/emacs/share/emacs/24.3.50/etc
  value of $EMACSDOC: E:/emacs/share/emacs/24.3.50/etc
  value of $EMACSLOADPATH: E:/emacs/share/emacs/24.3.50/site-lisp;E:/emacs/share/emacs/site-lisp;E:/emacs/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp
  value of $EMACSPATH: E:/emacs/libexec/emacs/24.3.50/i686-pc-mingw32
  value of $LANG: CHS
  locale-coding-system: cp936

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  recent-jump-small-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  global-auto-complete-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  cua-mode: t
  global-ede-mode: t
  global-semanticdb-minor-mode: t
  global-semantic-idle-scheduler-mode: t
  global-semantic-idle-summary-mode: t
  semantic-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<menu-bar> <help-menu> <send-emacs-bug-report>

Recent messages:
Loading cua-base...done
Loading elec-pair...done
Loading autorevert...done
Loading hl-line...done
Loading paren...done
Loading which-func...done
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Load-path shadows:
e:/emacs/share/emacs/site-lisp/expand-region-master/features/support/env hides e:/emacs/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/env

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils recent-jump-small recent-jump ring desktop
frameset fsvn fsvn-win mw32cmp mw32script fsvn-admin fsvn-blame
fsvn-tortoise fsvn-proclist fsvn-dired dired-aux fsvn-pub fsvn-magic
fsvn-browse fsvn-parasite fsvn-msgedit fsvn-select fsvn-propview
fsvn-logview fsvn-diff diff-mode easy-mmode diff fsvn-minibuf fsvn-popup
fsvn-mode fsvn-ui fsvn-cmd fsvn-config fsvn-fs fsvn-url fsvn-debug
fsvn-data fsvn-xml xml fsvn-proc fsvn-deps fsvn-env dired
auto-complete-config auto-complete cl-macs popup cl redo+ edmacro kmacro
expand-region text-mode-expansions er-basic-expansions thingatpt
expand-region-custom expand-region-core advice help-fns saveplace
dichromacy-theme delsel which-func imenu paren hl-line autorevert
filenotify elec-pair cua-base cus-start cus-load ede/speedbar ede/files
ede ede/base ede/auto ede/source eieio-speedbar speedbar sb-image dframe
eieio-custom wid-edit cl-loaddefs cl-lib semantic/db-mode semantic/db gv
eieio-base semantic/idle semantic/format ezimage semantic/tag-ls
semantic/find semantic/ctxt semantic/util-modes easymenu semantic/util
semantic semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw eieio byte-opt bytecomp
byte-compile cconv eieio-core mode-local cedet server time-date
china-util tooltip electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp w32-common-fns disp-table w32-win w32-vars
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
w32notify w32 multi-tty emacs)

zijianyue