Subject: 24.3.50; Company pseudo-tooltip refresh problem when expanded down at eob

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2014 08:21:05 +0400

`company-select-next' (`M-n') and `company-select-previous' (`M-p')
don't update the default candidates' dropdown appearance, specifically
the "current" line selection doesn't move.

It's easiest to spot in a new IELM session.

1. M-x ielm.
2. Make sure that there's no text after point, and there are enough
screen lines below it so that the pseudo-tooltip will be rendered below
the current line.
3. M-x company-complete.
4. Press `M-n' and/or `M-p' several times. Note that the "current"
candidate doesn't change, but different summary lines get shown in the
echo area.

In some other buffers, the "current" lines can move 1-2 times, but then
it likewise stops getting updated.

It's a relatively recent problem. I haven't had time to bisect it yet,
but Emacs 24.3 definitely doesn't have this bug.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.4 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.8.6)
 of 2014-01-04 on axl
Bzr revision: 115859 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11403000
System Description:	Ubuntu 13.10