Subject: Re: bug#16347: 24.3.50; Company pseudo-tooltip refresh problem when expanded down at eob

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2014 19:55:13 +0200

> Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2014 10:49:40 +0400
> From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> 'bzr bisect' points to
> 
> revision 115272 ([email-masked]):
> Refine redisplay optimizations to only redisplay *some* frames/windows
> rather than all of them.
> 
> Stefan, any ideas?
> 
> Please let me know if you have problems reproducing this.

I'm not Stefan, but I have problems reproducing this.  Is the recipe
complete enough to start with "emacs -Q"?  Obviously, there should be
a step to add the company directory to load-path, but are there any
other customizations that are necessary?

Also, the description of the problem is not entirely clear to me.  By
"current candidate" do you mean the completion candidate whose line in
the pseudo-tooltip is displayed with a distinct color?  If so, I never
saw that line not update in response to M-n/M-p.  You also talk about
"summary lines shown in the echo area", but if I follow your recipe, I
see nothing in the echo area, and the *Messages* buffer confirms that
nothing was displayed there.

Finally, did you try with the current trunk?  Your original report is
about a revision after which a fix for a similar redisplay problems
was committed, so is there any chance you are still using an outdated
trunk code?