Subject: Re: bug#16340: 24.3.50; Maximize to the left/right side of the screen (on Windows 7 & 8)

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2014 11:37:31 +0100

> On my Windows 8 system, the "maximize to the left/right" feature of
 > the OS is not working quite well with Emacs (-Q).  See these
 > screenshots:
 >
 >   https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B92qXLRvF4ziLUdQNTVFYUFXQm8&usp=sharing
 >
 > As you can see:
 >
 > 1. When Emacs is maximized to the left ("windows key" + "left arrow"),
 > there is some residual space at the left and top edges of the Emacs
 > frame.  There should be no such space.  Compare "emacs-left" (wrong)
 > with "chrome-left" (ok).
 >
 > 2. When Emacs is maximized to the right ("windows key" + "right
 > arrow"), there is some residual space at the top edge of the Emacs
 > frame.  Compare "emacs-right" (wrong) with "chrome-right" (ok).

If I interpret your caps correctly, the space is created by Windows
itself which tries to obey Emacs' size hints.  Emacs wouldn't adjust the
frame to the right-bottom edge.  Can you try with
`frame-resize-pixelwise' non-nil (either in your .emacs or before
creating a new frame that you want to maximize to the left).

And please tell me the values of (frame-parameter nil 'fullscreen)
before, during and after you left the "maximized to the left" state.  I
need them to investigate Juanma's scenario.

martin