Subject: Re: bug#16340: 24.3.50; Maximize to the left/right side of the screen (on Windows 7 & 8)

From: Daniel Colascione <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2014 17:10:59 -0800

On 01/06/2014 02:03 PM, martin rudalics wrote:
>  > I can live with the gaps, certainly, but I still think that the right
>  > behavior would be not to have those gaps, obviously.
>
> If you don't want the gaps, you have to set `frame-resize-pixelwise' to
> true.  That's what all other graphical programs on Windows do and that's
> what I do.  And that also means that dragging the border of an Emacs
> frame will resize it pixelwise like the window of any other graphical
> application.
>
>  > That's my opinion, but mark this bug as "wontfix" and close it if you
>  > want.  I will not complain.  I wanted to report a minor misbehavior I
>  > spotted while playing around; just that.
>
> It is fixed by setting `frame-resize-pixelwise' to t.  So "wontfix"
> won't apply ;-)

By the way: M-: (setq frame-resize-pixelwise t) seems to affect new 
frames, but not the current one. Is that expected behavior?