Subject: bug#16338: [PATCH 2/2] Fix filesystem detection on non 512 byte sectors

From: Phillip Susi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2014 21:51:18 -0400

On 03/03/2014 07:36 PM, Phillip Susi wrote:
> On 03/03/2014 02:45 PM, Brian C. Lane wrote:
>> Do our tests already cover all of these filesystems?
> 
> I think so but now that I look at this again, it looks like I
> forgot to fix the tests.  Currently they skip on !512 byte sector
> size.  I'll fix that.

So the best looking test to do this appears to be t1700-probe-fs.  The
problem is that it uses a loop file instead of a real device, and so
does not really simulate !512 byte sectors.  Also when I tried adding
jfs, ntfs, and hfs, I found that hfs does not support -V ( version )
to test if it is supported, and mkfs.ntfs exits with an error status
when run with -V, and mkfs.jfs tries to do an interactive prompt to
really use a file instead of a device, and redirecting stdin to
/dev/null causes it to crash with a SIGABRT.  I suppose for the time
being, this just may just have to be an untested feature.

I did update the patch for the recent addition of btrfs support, and
so will follow up this email with that.