Subject: 24.3.50; company-capf eats the first char in IELM filename completions

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2014 03:20:17 +0400

1. Open an IELM buffer and (on Unix) type `"/' there.

2. Leave the point after `/'.

3. Type `M-x company-capf', see that all candidates have the first
character missing.

This is caused by `(comint--match-partial-filename)' matching the full
file path, including the leading slash, but
`comint-completion-file-name-table' returning base names, without any
path separators. Not sure how `completion-at-point' ignores that
problem.

Bonus round:

4. Type `/u', see the suggestion to complete it to `/ur/'.

5. Type `/usr/', then `M-x company-capf', see an error caused by some
candidates being shorter than the prefix.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.4 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.8.6)
 of 2014-01-04 on axl
Bzr revision: 115859 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11403000
System Description:	Ubuntu 13.10